Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf
Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have been travelling to Kansas City on business for the last 6 years. I stayed at many different area hotels before before finding Extended Stay in Overland Park. I haven't stayed anwhere else since (well once, Shelley informed me they were booked full but found me a room elsewhere without any effort on my part). I've enjoyed the familiar service and have had my requests and needs met VERY adequately. Anytime someone asks me for a hotel recommendation in the SW Kansas City area I always tell them to call Extended Stay.

Room Tip: Choose an even numbered room, they face the parking lot and tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David C
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed here for about 6 weeks for buisness. The staff was friendly and very helpfull in making me feel at home (away from home). The rooms were clean and sound proof. You close the door and don't here much of anything outside your room. Nice location too, plenty of places to eat, shop, or have a beverage of choice near by.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin A
Reviewed October 5, 2011

PROS
* Fairly new, tucked away off the main roads, though still easy to access to them
* Ample parking
* "Open King" Suite is spacious (18 x 24), with big flat screen TV, DVD player, recliner, sleeper sofa, ample lighting and big windows
* Very nice & accommodating staff
* Upscale bar of bath soap in the shower
* Two laundry rooms, conveniently located (one on the third floor)
* Three big mirrors, one full length
* Adequate plug ins for power. I especially liked the desk lamp with two built-in outlets -- perfect!
* Good digital clock
* Comfortable bed
* Two a/c & heating units... one by the bed/desk and one in the living area. New and work well. Reasonably quiet.
* Thick drapes to block out all light
* Wifi works well
* Nice, big refrigerator & freezer (w/ ice maker)
* Big dresser
* Breakfast is pretty basic, but adequate ... plain bagels, muffins, oatmeal, three kinds of coffee, cream cheese, jelly, fruit

CONS
* Sink area is a little cramped, but adequate
* Kitchen is very cramped, trouble opening some cabinets
* Room was missing some supplies (shampoo, dish washing liquid, paper towels, etc.), but front desk staff was quick to supply them when asked.
* Somewhat thin walls... could hear some bathroom noises and occasional sounds/voices from next door
* Nice spacious shower, but curtain would not close completely resulting in water on floor
* Bathroom sink faucet difficult to turn off completely
* Have to pay $5 for internet, but that covers the entire stay
* Sparse workout room (one treadmill, one stepper)

SUMMARY
I stayed here for three nights in September (2011), and plan to stay here again next time I am in town. Great value for $60 a night! I was upgraded to an Open King Suite because that's all they had left when I arrived. (Sweet!)
My biggest complaint was the noise coming from the rooms adjacent to mine. There were a number of college age adults staying at the hotel that weekend, for some athletic competition I believe, and they got a bit raucous. I complained to the front desk and the problem went away for the most part.

Room Tip: There are two laundry rooms in the hotel, each with several washers and dryers. The one I used was o...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Virginian01
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This hotel is very good. It was quiet and clean. The room was very spacious, and comfortable. And the staff was friendly. I wished they would give breakfast on Sundays as well. But overall, it was good for the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My first reaction on entering this hotel, oh!! this is clean and seems to be better than their other properties.

Though I stayed in their smallest room for a week, however found it to be adequate for my requirements. Its clean and stuff has been arranged properly. Only issue, that doesn't have decent size closet !!!

They do provide complimentary breakfast, but that is only provided on weekdays. Also, it just includes bagel, muffins and oatmeal. The kitchen in room comes very handy. My suggestion to them is to provide Glasses made of glass, not made of plastic.

Staff is very courteous and all the time attempted to ensure that my requirements are taken care off.

Overall good value for money, especially when you are staying for more than a week, as their weekly discounted rate is applied.

Room Tip: Ask for room on first floor not ground floor!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank NeoEvita
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Best place for the price, I was very pleased . Staff was very courteous and very efficient. I had my reservation booked and walked in, checked in and was in my room within 15 min. I would reccomend this hotel to any guest. I would give overall performance a 4 and half star.

Room Tip: Let staff know what you need they will guide you
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2011

This hotel is exactly where we need it. The rooms suit our need to be self-sufficient and private. The staff is always helpful, and always happy to allow us to use the Conference Room.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business