“Immaculate hotel”

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Salina, KS
“Immaculate hotel”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

This hotel was very clean, even the stairs, which we used going down. Couldn't believe the free soft drinks, beer, liquor, plus snacks which for us was our evening meal. Full breakfast -- hot food and good food. Bed was comfy. Room was on 4th floor on end closest to traffic. Only occasional motorcycle could be heard. Bathroom vanity -- double sinks -- separate from toilet & shower makes it easier for 2 people to get ready. Great value!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
UK
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I spend a week here on business and was pleasantly surprised from the moment I checked in. As a regular business traveller it was so refreshing to be offered free food and drinks each day and complimentary, high speed wireless. I know they're small things but when you stay in some hotels they charge you for everything and you end up feeling not so welcome. This place has definitely got it right.

My colleague stayed down the road in the Marriott and for twice the price. He didn't get complimentary drinks at the end of the day either! bad luck :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Crestwood, Illinois
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Were coming to the Kansas City area to attend a medical school graduation and wanted to stay around the I-435/Metcalf interchange for a quick ride to Lawrence for the ceremony. After checking on Trip Advisor, was amazed at the amount of hotels in the immediate area, but after checking reviews and prices, decided on the Drury Inn and Suites. This was a very good decision. This property has recently gone through a renovation and is very clean and attractive. The breakfast offered, which is included, is more than adequate and includes scrambled eggs (very good), belgian waffles (very good and crunchy), sausage, biscuits and gravy (just ok), bagels, cereal, etc. Between 3pm and 10pm every day there is free and unlimited soda and popcorn in the lobby.
After making our reservation here, a few more family members who were joining the celebrations made their reservations here as well. They arrived a couple of days before we were able to arrive, and also were able to partake of free coctails (they said they were weak) and great hot snacks in the late afternoon. In fact, the one evening they didn't even bother to go to dinner; said the hot snacks were actually a meal! My parents reserved a handicap access room, which was HUGE, but had two minor problems. First, the bathroom door had an automatic closer hinge, which made it quite difficult for a person with a walker or wheelchair to enter or leave the room (finally had to prop open the door with a shoe). Also, instead of a walk-in shower, there was a traditional bathtub that you had to step in/out of. Kind of strange. Our regular King bed rooms were smaller and configured differently, of course, but did not have automatic door closers on the part of the bathroom that housed the toilet and tub/shower.
I didn't get to use the small exercise area or the indoor/outdoor pool, but did check them out and they looked great.
The only access to this property is through a parking garage entrance on a side street, and shares a parking lot with the Pear Tree Inn, another Drury property. I would assume that they have similar amenities; I know that the Pear Tree Inn is a slightly older property and the rates are slightly lower.
We will definately return the next time we're in the K.C. area.
If you're looking for some great Kansas City barbeque, check out Fiorella's Jack Stack BBQ, on the left about two miles north on Metcalf. All eleven of us piled in there on a busy Saturday afternoon without a reservation (Idon't think they take them anyway). We were accomodated and had a wonderful meal.
For some evening libations, check out Waxy O'Sheas in Shawnee. There is some rather fun loud Irish singing and storytelling, at least on Saturday nights.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I took my daughter and several of her friends to stay for a night for my daughter's birthday. Check-in was very easy and the woman checking me in was extremely friendly and helpful. I tried to switch from a 2-room suite to two rooms that were connected by a door to give us more room, but none of the connecting rooms were available. I made a comment that we would just make the best of the 2-room suite and the woman told me that if there was ANYTHING at all that we needed to just let them know. The happy hour snacks were great and the ticket for the 3 complimentary alcoholic beverages was very nice! The girls enjoyed the fountain drinks throughout the evening (popcorn and soft drinks were available until 10pm, I believe). They also enjoyed the pool area (in/out pool) and the hotel staff was great about providing extra towels for everyone. The breakfast in the morning was great, too. The suite was very clean and comfy and we all had a great time. We will definitely come back to Drury Inn & Suites!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
MO Ozarks
Reviewed April 1, 2010

My husband and friends arrived early and there was no trouble with check in. Receptionist was friendly, and we were given tickets for snacks in the evening which also included mixed drinks, three per person. There was enough food and variety so that we did not have to go out for an evening meal. The room was very clean and nice. Bed very comfortable. Also noticed how friendly the housekeeping staff was when we happened to meet in the hall. Friends mentioned there was no shampoo in their room. The breakfast was fine. I would stay again. The cost of the room was offset by not having to go out for dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I booked this hotel through Expedia since the website offered me a $50 hotel coupon. The price was reflected with the discount, and check-in was flawless.

I was on a 3 day 2 night getaway with my husband. The hotel is in a great location, with easy access to numerous restaurants and shopping areas (some eating establishments are within walking distance). The hotel is under rennovation, so yes, occasionally during the day we would hear noise due to such, but nothing that bad.

The room was actually smaller than I had anticipated, we booked a King Non-Smoking Room. We had a single sink area outside the bathroom (I had read online it had double sinks, but perhaps that person was incorrect). The bathroom had the old style very small and low bathub with a shower in it. The mini-fridge and microwave were nice to have in the room. The free wi-fi worked flawlessly in the room and if you didn't have a lap top, they had a computer and a printer available in the lobby for free (20 minute time limit each sitting). We did utilize the indoor pool and hot tub area, which was very clean and nice. They always had plenty of towels in the pool area. The pool actually has a wall, so you can swim under it and suddenly be swimming in the outdoor pool. Fun to try in January! The water was heated, but as cold as the weather has been recently, it was still a bit too cold for my personal preference.

The free breakfast was wonderful, as well as the snacks and 3 free alcoholic beverages between 5:30 pm and 7:00 pm. The new food they offer is ok, and I hate to complain because it is "FREE" but it was the same thing each of our two nights there - hot dogs, chili, salad, baked potato, and potato chips. The food/drink servers work hard for you as the area can become quite a busy area. Seating is a bit limited, however since it wasn't completely full in the hotel, we were always able to find a seat. Full capacity would make it extremely difficult to find a seat. The free drinks (alcoholic) consisted of white/red wine, beer (draft), margarita, screwdriver and a few options mixed with coke. Not sure if this is always the same, or they switch it, but it was this during our two nights stay.

The front desk help was friendly and helpful, offering suggestions and directions to all patrons. They have maps and also offer to make you mapquests to ensure you reach your destination.

There was some type of basketball tournament in town, so the hotel did have numeorus kids and at times we were awakened overnight when they returned in and would run up and down the hallway, in and out of each other's room slamming the heavy hotel room doors. Kids being kids I guess, just wasn't expecting all the sudden late night noise.

I would recommend this hotel to a friend, due to the extremely good price, and it having an indoor pool - free food, free parking, free internet and the free drinks. Just do not be expecting a lavish room - it is clean, and certainly will fill your needs with a budget in mind. If you are not one to like some kid noise, you might inquire with the hotel first to see if by chance they have a group staying during your time period. All in all, a nice clean place and definately a budget price.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spdblondie
St. Charles
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Pretty good bargain. We stay here on business because we like the location but if coming to KC for leisure it is good too. Close to family and easy access to the highways. The room is set up well with a double sink outside the bathroom-very handy with two getting ready in the am. We have stayed elsewhere but consistently stay here now. Very clean too. We had some trouble with finding our reservation when we got there that was a little prolonged but I chalk that up to new help. Excellent plus- for price range and type of hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple