“Very enjoyable stay... and the price is right!”

Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Pretty good bargain. We stay here on business because we like the location but if coming to KC for leisure it is good too. Close to family and easy access to the highways. The room is set up well with a double sink outside the bathroom-very handy with two getting ready in the am. We have stayed elsewhere but consistently stay here now. Very clean too. We had some trouble with finding our reservation when we got there that was a little prolonged but I chalk that up to new help. Excellent plus- for price range and type of hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 24, 2009

We stayed here over New Year's and my son had a New Year's Eve party, invited several other 12 year olds. The pool was great, the staff was very accommodating. The place was very clean. Breakfast the next morning was terrific and everyone had a good time. This is definitely the place to go!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Loved the room, but loved the price even better! We got way more than we paid for, that's for sure.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Good, reliable, clean hotel for families. Hotel is FULL of families and children, often with teams of children, so dont stay here if you do not like kids...but noise has never been and issue, the staff is friendly and accommodating, and the rooms are clean. Breakfast is free and pretty good.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2009

If you look at my Trip Advisor profile, you'll learn that I almost always select a Drury if one is available in the market I'm traveling to.

When I go to KC - which is two or three times a year - I will get online (I go to Drury's site and get the e-Saver rate, I never have found anything better) and find the best price between Merriam, Overland Park and KC-Stadium.

On weekends, this site often wins. It's the nicest facility of the tree hotels mentioned above and is as good as I've expected from the Drury name. While I'm partial to the staff at Merriam, it's not because the staff here isn't great. They are helpful and welcoming. The breakfasts here are great, as are the snacks in the evening. And, just about everything extra is free. Per their advertising pamphlet in my room this time, I created the Dru'muffin - a biscuit sandwich with egg and sausage. Very tasty indeed.

I noticed other reviews about noise, but I can say I've ever noticed road noise from my room and, apparently, the youth sports teams haven't been staying here when I have.

So, if you come to KC, stay at a Drury. If it's cheapest, stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Walked in the door gave my name showed ID and was handed my keys. Room was on the 5th floor with access to the parking garage didn't have to drag luggage on the elevator. Used the pool which is both indoor and out swim under the wall. Breakfast was great all a person could want. Even met the owner who wished us a pleasant stay. Would definantly stay again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank h8tress
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I love Drury Inns. I have stayed in ones in The Woodlands, Austin, San Antonio, and Denver. This location was very well kept. It has all that I have come to love...Free Drinks, popcorn, large hot breakfast bar. There were a large groups of kids staying at the hotel for various sporting events, but the managment did a good job keeping them under control in the pool, etc. The walls in all the Drury Inn's I have stayed in are solid, so you really don't hear much from your neighbors.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family