“good value for families”

Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“good value for families”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Good, reliable, clean hotel for families. Hotel is FULL of families and children, often with teams of children, so dont stay here if you do not like kids...but noise has never been and issue, the staff is friendly and accommodating, and the rooms are clean. Breakfast is free and pretty good.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed October 1, 2009

If you look at my Trip Advisor profile, you'll learn that I almost always select a Drury if one is available in the market I'm traveling to.

When I go to KC - which is two or three times a year - I will get online (I go to Drury's site and get the e-Saver rate, I never have found anything better) and find the best price between Merriam, Overland Park and KC-Stadium.

On weekends, this site often wins. It's the nicest facility of the tree hotels mentioned above and is as good as I've expected from the Drury name. While I'm partial to the staff at Merriam, it's not because the staff here isn't great. They are helpful and welcoming. The breakfasts here are great, as are the snacks in the evening. And, just about everything extra is free. Per their advertising pamphlet in my room this time, I created the Dru'muffin - a biscuit sandwich with egg and sausage. Very tasty indeed.

I noticed other reviews about noise, but I can say I've ever noticed road noise from my room and, apparently, the youth sports teams haven't been staying here when I have.

So, if you come to KC, stay at a Drury. If it's cheapest, stay here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
newton ks
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Walked in the door gave my name showed ID and was handed my keys. Room was on the 5th floor with access to the parking garage didn't have to drag luggage on the elevator. Used the pool which is both indoor and out swim under the wall. Breakfast was great all a person could want. Even met the owner who wished us a pleasant stay. Would definantly stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank h8tress
Dallas, TX
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I love Drury Inns. I have stayed in ones in The Woodlands, Austin, San Antonio, and Denver. This location was very well kept. It has all that I have come to love...Free Drinks, popcorn, large hot breakfast bar. There were a large groups of kids staying at the hotel for various sporting events, but the managment did a good job keeping them under control in the pool, etc. The walls in all the Drury Inn's I have stayed in are solid, so you really don't hear much from your neighbors.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
UnitedStates
Reviewed December 29, 2008

I absolutely enjoyed this hotel. The breakfast was awesome, and the drink selection was good. (Hint, they had soda for a selection at breakfast, Coke and Pepsi products.) The front desk was very nice, and the location is great. I would recomend it to anyone.

• Liked — The hotel itself
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Check in was fast. Front desk called within 15 minutes to make sure everything was OK with the room. Rooms were quite clean and quiet. We stayed on the first floor across from the pool. Didn't hear a thing in the hallway. Happy hour from 5-7PM was great. Had three pretty good glasses of Merlot along with snacks. Husband enjoyed the strong margarita's. Teenager enjoyed the free popcorn and soda machine. Would definitely stay here again. Great nights sleep. Breakfast the next morning was well worth the price of the hotel. French toast, sausage, eggs, fruit, cereal, biscuits and gravy. All pretty good.

• Liked — Happy hour and free hot breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
san leandro, ca
Reviewed August 30, 2008

I booked this place based on location and amenities and I was not disappointed. The free breakfast was good (not great like embassy suites with someone making omlettes and pancakes, but much better than than "continental") and so filling I didn't even eat lunch. The fitness center wasn't so great, 3 pieces of equipment, but from what I understand they give free passes to Bally which is about a 5 minute walk away (I am a member so I used my own card to work out there). They have a decently sized pool. Finally, you get a certain amount of free long distance calls ($50 per night I think?). I was a little skeptical and only made one phone call and used my cell phone for the rest. Sure enough, on my bill it showed the long distance charge and a credit of the exact amount. I didn't find it noisy at all. All in all, I was very happy with my stay there and would return in a heartbeat.

• Liked — Food and location
  • Disliked — No complaints, honestly.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business