“Great Place to Stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Check in was fast. Front desk called within 15 minutes to make sure everything was OK with the room. Rooms were quite clean and quiet. We stayed on the first floor across from the pool. Didn't hear a thing in the hallway. Happy hour from 5-7PM was great. Had three pretty good glasses of Merlot along with snacks. Husband enjoyed the strong margarita's. Teenager enjoyed the free popcorn and soda machine. Would definitely stay here again. Great nights sleep. Breakfast the next morning was well worth the price of the hotel. French toast, sausage, eggs, fruit, cereal, biscuits and gravy. All pretty good.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed August 30, 2008

I booked this place based on location and amenities and I was not disappointed. The free breakfast was good (not great like embassy suites with someone making omlettes and pancakes, but much better than than "continental") and so filling I didn't even eat lunch. The fitness center wasn't so great, 3 pieces of equipment, but from what I understand they give free passes to Bally which is about a 5 minute walk away (I am a member so I used my own card to work out there). They have a decently sized pool. Finally, you get a certain amount of free long distance calls ($50 per night I think?). I was a little skeptical and only made one phone call and used my cell phone for the rest. Sure enough, on my bill it showed the long distance charge and a credit of the exact amount. I didn't find it noisy at all. All in all, I was very happy with my stay there and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2008

We arrived at the hotel absolutely exhausted and frustrated. It had been a long day of traveling and traffic. We were a drop-in and the front desk person made us feel so welcome, found just the right room, offered a great rate and generally made us feel like valued guests. That is very rare these days.

The property has a very convenient location, nice rooms (we were given a suite), above average breakfast, free wi-fi, free beverages, etc. They don't nickel and dime you at all. A very good experience for a lower-budget property. The only room for improvement is on the noise--both from the freeway and within the property.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2008

This is a beautifull hotel. Great free extras. Terrific Staff! But.... The freeway noise is awfull. It runs 24/7 and they need to do something about it. Some soundproofing might work.Otherwise a very very good value for the money If you live by a freeway and are used to the racket stay here.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2007

My family and I just returned from a Labor Day weekend trip to Kansas City area and wanted to be near family in Overland Park. We always get suites because all four of us like having our own bed even though we don't mind sharing a bedroom. That is always a challenge and especially for a family with some standards. We had stayed at Drury St. Louis before and liked it, but this one was even better. Everything was just about perfect! It was clean, spacious, the staff treated us better than most 4-Star hotels, the parking was convenient, the food was good, etc. You can spend a lot more money and get a lot less in this expensive area. I will stay there from now on when I'm going to K.C. area.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2007

This is a very nice hotel. It is very clean and attractively furnished.
Since I was traveling with my brother, I chose a suite with separate bedroom (for me) and fold-out sofa bed in the LR. Both rooms had a TV. There was a recliner and an arm chair in the LR, plenty of tables plus the desk. There was a double sink area outside the bathroom. This was a very comfortable configuration for our 3 night stay. The cost was approximately $125 per night after my AAA discount.
The breakfast was fantastic: the best sausage patties I have tasted in a long time, great scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, Fr. toast, Belgian waffle irons, juices, cereal, etc.
There was free internet access in the lobby. We were given some free drink coupons, but we did not get around to using them. They also provide some free long distance calling.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2007

We have stayed at this Drury a number of times over the years. Our last two weekends have been very noisy due to large numbers of youth league sports guests. They have not had a sufficient number of sponsors and management has not been able to control the situation. We will look to another hotel in the future.

Stayed: February 2007
KimChappell, eMarketing Coordinator at Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2007

Hello! My name is Kim Chappell and I am the eMarketing Coordinator for Drury Hotels. I'm so sorry that you were unable to enjoy your stay with us in Overland Park. When youth groups are in-house, our hotel management makes every effort to provide additional staff coverage and keep the hotel environment comfortable for all of our guests. Upon arrival at the hotel, supervisors of youth groups are asked to sign a letter with guidelines for the stay, accepting responsibility for their group. Guests are also welcome to inquire about any special events that may be taking place during their visit when they are making reservations. Of course, we welcome feedback from our guests - please speak with hotel management during or after your stay to voice any questions or concerns. We do hope to have you as our guest again soon!