“A Great Place to Stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A friend of mine chose this hotel for the six of us classmates. When I first heard of his choice, I thought: This is going to be expensive. It turned out to be one of the best experiences I've had in a long time staying in a hotel. Their complimentary reception in the evenings (which really was a decent meal with a couple of free drinks) plus the wonderful hot breakfasts made our Drury Inn so much more inviting and valuable. The rooms were clean & quiet and the beds were very comfortable. All the personnel were courteous and very helpful. We stayed two days and nights. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank RFJO

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Love the Drury Inn always clean and friendly staff. Great breakfast, also offers kickback hour where they provide hot food like chicken strips, hotdogs, baked potatoes and complimentary drinks in the evenings. There is an indoor outdoor pool so if its cold u can still swim also has a hottub and exercise room. This particular location is also great because it is close to a lot of restaurants and shopping. Always my first choice hotel, thank you for never letting me down.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank ms620
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were traveling across country and stopped in Overland Park to visit a friend. We arrived late in the day, without a reservation but the hotel was able to accommodate us.There was some kind of soccer competition or games going on, because the hotel was full of young teens and their parents and siblings. There was a parental gabfest going on in the lobby and cafe area when we checked in, even though the evening happy hour was over, and I worried that our room (open to the multiple story lobby atrium) would get a lot of noise when we were so-o-o tired, but I was pleasantly surprised that the sound didn't carry too much.
The hotel seemed a bit dated and in need of some facelift work and new soft items. The bed was a bit too soft for us. I found that the electrical outlets on my side of the bed were loose and couldn't easily accommodate my chargers that I usually plug in at my bedside, but I was able to make do.
Breakfast the next morning was wild, with all of the kids and parents, but that's what I expected--it's still nice to get the full hot breakfast that Drury provides. The front desk clerk seemed to be doing double duty at the desk and the breakfast area, so I had to wait a bit to be able to check out.
It was okay and served the purpose of having a place to lay our weary heads, but I think I'd check out the accommodations before staying next time.

Room Tip: Do you want to be near the food and lobby, or near the parking garage?
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank styler42
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We are currently staying in a suite and it is awesome!! The front desk is professional and very accommodating. We got excellent service from Sharon who tended bar at the 5:30pm kickback. Our suite is comfortable and spacious. Very impressed and will be coming back.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nlb714
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a reservation here for our visit to KU for our special needs son. We had a sleep study the night prior at the hospital, and we were discharged around 7:30am. We live in St Louis, MO and had three follow up visits over the course of the next two days. We called the Drury Inn Overland Park, and requested early check in, mind you, at 7:30am. They found us a room right away AND the same suite level we had previously booked. We enjoyed breakfast, hot showers and some much needed rest and relaxation after a very, long night. The staff was very friendly, food and beverages were GREAT and the pool and hot tub area were thoroughly enjoyed and very clean. We LOVED our stay!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Unger226
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have no complaints about our stay. The room was cool and inviting over a hot July weekend. The kids slept on the sofa bed and they said it was comfy. The staff were all very friendly and greeted us as we would walk by. The Kickback breakfast was well staffed and all of the items were filled and hot. The free soda and popcorn were a welcome treat after site seeing all day. All in all, this hotel was a great choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bliming
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night the weekend after Memorial Day. We've normally stayed at a Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites since their rooms handle a family of five better, but we had a discount coupon, and this Drury Inn had suites, so we gave them a shot. The lobby area looked fairly nice, but like with other hotels that offer a free happy hour in the evening there was a big, noisy crowd congregating there. We blew right on by the crowd without bothering to check out the happy hour offerings.

The room was a real, bona-fide suite, and was very comfortable with a nice bathroom and plenty of stretch-out space. The room was quiet, the beds were good, and we slept pretty well. My only complaint was that wall outlets for charging our many mobile devices were kind of hard to find.

The pool was closed that evening, apparently due to someone getting sick in it. Not something that you can reasonably blame the hotel for, although I don't understand why the staff didn't have the pool ready to go right at opening time next morning. To my kids, pool time is the point of a hotel, and they missed out quite a bit during this stay.

Breakfast was decent next morning with several hot items available. The crowds were a lot more manageable too, since there was no free beer available.

Overall an enjoyable stay, and we would probably consider staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family