I think perhaps I did not know really what to expect from a Drury Inn & Suites, as this was my first stay with this hotel chain. I am usually a Hilton or Sheraton gal but I must confess that I was rather pleasantly surprised, as this hotel absolutely went WELL beyond my expectations. My children and I accompanied my husband on this trip, as he had a conference to attend and this was the host hotel, so we tagged alone. With three children in tow, I went ahead and upgraded to a suite, and it was a great indeed. First of all, the exposed brick in the suite was absolutely beautiful, hands down we loved it! This was one of the few hotel suites that I stayed in, whereas you forget you are in a hotel and feels more like a lofty one bedroom apartment. The afternoon hors d'oeuvres and drinks were quite convenient and as it was free to hotel guests the children and I partook in the hardy spread almost every evening. Breakfast we kept missing due to oversleeping and general vacation laziness, however the one day I did manage to climb out of the comfortable bed to partake in the breakfast, I found it delicious! Oh and there is a Panera Bread within eye shot of the hotel and several other restaurants within easy walking distance. Kansas City and Overland Park in themselves left me with the impression as great places to live, there was so much to do. There were kid friendly museums and activities so a family will not run out of acceptable things to do in the city. I finally wanted to commend the hotel staff there. The managers were all very professional and kind, but with particular compliment towards the assistant manager Kevin O’Donell who was friendly, helpful and informative from the time of the booking until our departure. Also front desk clerks Stephanie and Minna in particular, were just all around some of the best front desk people I have ever met (and I have traveled a lot in my life and met many hotel front desk clerks so I mean this literally). They were professional, courteous and kind, as each had the ability to display themselves as amicable and concerned for the wishes and well being of their guests. Bridget was also a superstar as I watched her and all the others take such care and attention to their guests. Great job Drury for selecting such awesome team members, and thank you so very much for all that you did for me and my family to ensure that we had a great stay. We have plans on returning again this summer for a completely leisure trip this time. So I end my review with this, great city, great hotel and great employees. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overland Park is 20 miles from downtown Kansas City. Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park is centrally located at I-425 and Metcalf Avenue, providing convenient access to Kansas City for business and leisure travelers. Relax in our clean, comfortable rooms and enjoy free hot breakfast every morning and hot food and cold beverages every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Overland Park
- Drury Inn & Suites Overland Park Hotel Overland Park
- Drury Inn Overland Park
- Drury Overland Park