“Excellent clean stay!”

Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent clean stay!”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Stayed for one night for a business meeting in Overland Park. Curt, the GM, warmly greeted us on arrival, checked us in, and provided all the info on hotel services. Arriving in the room I found an immaculately clean, spacious and comfortable space. The entrance and bath/closet area was shiny granite tile; the room was nice carpet. The bed was supremely comfortable. The work desk perfect, with free wifi and long distance! In the evening there is a kickback social with hot food and snacks, beverages and drinks. Breakfast in the morning was hot and filling - typical American fare, including make your own waffles! The indoor/outdoor pool was adequate. Also, parking was free, and covered...with entrances from each level directly onto the hotel floors...very convenient.

If I was to provide one tip or moderate critique - avoid staying in rooms _01 - _08 on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th floors, as these are off the towering open atrium above the lobby...and at times the lobby can have some very loud groups - which you can then hear strait into your room. Higher numbered rooms are down the hall on each floor, and floors above the 4th do not open to the atrium. I would suggest that front desk staff be attentive to noise in the lobby and request those making such to please reduce their volume.

All in all, an excellent stay and would stay again without question.

(As I did not have to go into Kansas City or take in any tourist attractions, I can't speak to convenience to those...although it is very close to the convention center.)

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Manhattan, KS
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Convenient!

My husband and I stayed here for one night. The hotel was convenient and easy to find as it was right next to the interstate. The room we had was small but very, very clean. Check-in was fast and easy. Parking was in a covered garage which was very welcome in the summer heat.

When we got up to our room, there were two bags of chocolate chip cookies waiting on the desk in our room. A few minutes later, someone called from the front desk to make sure we were pleased with our room, which was very nice. The room had a microwave and a small refrigerator. The free wifi worked well.

From 3 pm to 10 pm, popcorn and soda pop was available in the lobby. Beginning at 5:30 pm, nachos, hot dogs, chips, carrots and celery sticks, green salad, wine, beer, soda pop was available as well. In the morning, breakfast was served in the lobby. Choices included eggs, sausage, french toast, cereal, bananas, oranges, yogurt, bagels, toast, muffins, and waffles along with usual beverages such as milk, coffee, tea, etc.

The king-size bed had a comfortable mattress except that I could feel bed-motion whenever my husband would move or roll over. There was a choice of soft or firm pillows on the bed. Even though it was a hot day and our room was on the west where the sun was going down, the air-conditioner kept the room cool. One thing that was slightly annoying was that the air-conditioner was rather loud and it woke me up several times during the night. However, the air-conditioner did block out the sound of the traffic on the interstate.

All in all, it was a good, safe, clean, convenient place to stay. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This place is great, from the drink and snack bar in the evening to the breakfast in the morning. The property offers great free covered parking and the rooms were clean. Excellent value WILL stay here again. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed at this property this past weekend and found average conditions. Upon arrival my family was given a room across from the pool. This turned out to be a mistake as it was very busy and kids were running around everywhere. The front desk staff was excellent in providing me with assistance with moving to a different room. In the new room I found conditions about the same, very loud kids running up and down the halls and generally being disrespectful. I was warned by the front desk that kids were all over the hotel so I wasn't expecting too much change in the new room. I finally yelled at the kids myself at about 1am, and they finally went somewhere else.
Other than the loud groups in the hotel, the rooms and facility were nice. For 88 dollars a night, I found the room really small compared to what else you can get in the area, but at least it was clean and well kept.
The only recommendation I can give is regarding the pool condition. I was watching my son in the pool area and there are so many chemicals dumped in the pool my eyes were watering and I wasn't even swimming. The pool was so cloudy you couldn't even see the bottom. Anyway, the hotel was nice, but for the money in the area one can find rooms a little nicer....and quieter! I'll probably pick one of those hotels next month when I'm back.

Room Tip: Get a suite the regular rooms are small.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved.

Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service.

We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Curt Cerise
NJ
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here 5 nights. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and the evening snacks were a nice touch. I enjoyed the pool, hot tub and the exercise room.
Restaurants and shopping are plentiful just a short drive from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My son was in school in Springfield MO, and we decided to take our vacation on the way home , so we went to KC, MO and KS. That was our first experience in staying at a Drury. We were very impressed. Pool, breakfast , exercise room, happy hr, and price. We had a 1 bed suite, Rooms were clean, staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We stayed in a one room king suite. It was one room with a king bed and another room with a pull out couch, sitting chairs as well as desk and chair. I enjoyed the amount of space as I find traditional hotel rooms cramped. The bathroom was clean with stone tile throughout. Other features in the room mini fridge, microwave, Free Wifi or plug in internet, hair dryer.. TV in each of the rooms. Pool was a little on the small side. One half was indoor and the other half outdoor with a swim under wall. My son enjoyed going from inside to outside under the wall (many times). Building itself seemed a little old but must have had some work done to bring things up to date. The free covered parking ramp that allowed us to enter and exit on the level we were staying on was really nice. Some minor things I noticed. I was able to hear some freeway noise from within my room and the AC was a bit loud. It also blew cold air on one half of the bed as it did not have a deflector that would allow for the air to be pointed up and away from the bed. In our case it was on the head end of the bed as well so cold breeze all night long for one person. Overall I would say a great value and would stay again. Very convenient location near interstate and shopping in nice area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family