“This is where will stay anytime on this side of KC area.”

Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Manhattan, Kansas
“This is where will stay anytime on this side of KC area.”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This place is great, from the drink and snack bar in the evening to the breakfast in the morning. The property offers great free covered parking and the rooms were clean. Excellent value WILL stay here again. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Stayed at this property this past weekend and found average conditions. Upon arrival my family was given a room across from the pool. This turned out to be a mistake as it was very busy and kids were running around everywhere. The front desk staff was excellent in providing me with assistance with moving to a different room. In the new room I found conditions about the same, very loud kids running up and down the halls and generally being disrespectful. I was warned by the front desk that kids were all over the hotel so I wasn't expecting too much change in the new room. I finally yelled at the kids myself at about 1am, and they finally went somewhere else.
Other than the loud groups in the hotel, the rooms and facility were nice. For 88 dollars a night, I found the room really small compared to what else you can get in the area, but at least it was clean and well kept.
The only recommendation I can give is regarding the pool condition. I was watching my son in the pool area and there are so many chemicals dumped in the pool my eyes were watering and I wasn't even swimming. The pool was so cloudy you couldn't even see the bottom. Anyway, the hotel was nice, but for the money in the area one can find rooms a little nicer....and quieter! I'll probably pick one of those hotels next month when I'm back.

Room Tip: Get a suite the regular rooms are small.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved.

Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service.

We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Curt Cerise
NJ
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed here 5 nights. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and the evening snacks were a nice touch. I enjoyed the pool, hot tub and the exercise room.
Restaurants and shopping are plentiful just a short drive from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My son was in school in Springfield MO, and we decided to take our vacation on the way home , so we went to KC, MO and KS. That was our first experience in staying at a Drury. We were very impressed. Pool, breakfast , exercise room, happy hr, and price. We had a 1 bed suite, Rooms were clean, staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We stayed in a one room king suite. It was one room with a king bed and another room with a pull out couch, sitting chairs as well as desk and chair. I enjoyed the amount of space as I find traditional hotel rooms cramped. The bathroom was clean with stone tile throughout. Other features in the room mini fridge, microwave, Free Wifi or plug in internet, hair dryer.. TV in each of the rooms. Pool was a little on the small side. One half was indoor and the other half outdoor with a swim under wall. My son enjoyed going from inside to outside under the wall (many times). Building itself seemed a little old but must have had some work done to bring things up to date. The free covered parking ramp that allowed us to enter and exit on the level we were staying on was really nice. Some minor things I noticed. I was able to hear some freeway noise from within my room and the AC was a bit loud. It also blew cold air on one half of the bed as it did not have a deflector that would allow for the air to be pointed up and away from the bed. In our case it was on the head end of the bed as well so cold breeze all night long for one person. Overall I would say a great value and would stay again. Very convenient location near interstate and shopping in nice area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Barnhart, MO
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have stayed here twice. Breakfast & dinner are excellent. Several employees went out of their way to assist me when i had a migraine, and when I forgot my charger at home. I highly recommend the Drury Inn!! Rooms are clean and modern, it's in a great location, and a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Sue B
Midwest
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Jen (sp?) at the front desk was the most helpful and friendly hotel staff I have ever had the pleasure of encountering at a hotel stay. She was friendly and helpful when I called to ask a question about the property. She went above and beyond what she needed to do during several interactions I had with her and she was smiling and friendly the whole time. She needs some award/raise for her amazing service!

As other reviewers have written, you get the 3 free cocktails (small weaker mixed drinks, but there is draft beer and wine as well) with light dinner each night, however the food was almost exactly the same both nights we stayed there (hot dogs, salad, carrot sticks, celery, potato chips, pretzels, nacho chips, cheese sauce, chili meat one night, taco meat the next night, baked potatoes). Wish it would have been something different because we got tired of it and ended up going out to eat, anyway the second night.

Free popcorn and soda in the lobby was a great for the afternoon snack time!

Breakfast offered the same both days, but since there is such a wide variety you didn't get tired of it (waffles, scrambled eggs, bagels, donuts, muffins, yogurt, 2 or 3 kinds of cereal, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, toast, milk, hot chocolate, coffee, OJ, and apple juice, apples, bananas).

There was an indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub. Hot tub was great with strong jets. The outdoor pool deck, however was totally shaded by around 2:30 p.m., which kind of put a damper on our "outdoor" pool time. If you want a hotel with an outdoor pool where you can get some sun/be warmed by the sun, this hotel is not for you.

there is a small workout room with a TV and some cardio equipment: bike, elliptical, and 2 or 3 treadmills. All equipment was in working order and it wasn't ever crowded. Also there is ample area to take walks across the parking lots if you'd rather get exercise that way. I thought overheard a worker tell a guest they give guests free day passes to the adjacent athletic club, but I never followed through to see if that really was the case and I didn't see it written down anywhere.

Room Tip: Away from elevator, not facing pool for quietness
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear you were pleased with the service from our team members during your recent stay. We will share your comments regarding the variety of free hot food at our 5:30 Kickback with the food and beverage team at our Corporate Office.

I truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Curt Cerise