Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City/Overland Park
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I spent one night. The room was clean. I had to call maintenance for a couple of issues. One was immediately fixed the other required repair that couldn't be done while I was there. Overall, the experience was fine and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 10, 2013

the hotel seemed to be under renovations and there was dust and or dirt along the carpet edges along the walls and corners. Door to the room did not fit tight as you could see the hallway during watching television.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stay at this Homewood Suites annually for our holiday family get together. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and breakfast is hot and delicious with a different selection every day. Location is quiet yet easy access to I-435.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights for a training. We spent most of the day off site and pretty much only slept here.

The Good - The hotel was very clean, very inviting, and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our suite was large and comfortable. Had plenty of space for the two of us. We had a suite with a separate room for sleeping. Room would be more than enough if we had to stay longer than just 2 nights and our 3 children could have fit very comfortably with us in this room. I liked that they had a DVD player in the room and they had rentals in the lobby. We didn't utilize this service, but it was a nice touch.

The Bad - And the only thing keeping this from a 5, was the breakfast. Highly disappointing. It would have been better off being a continental because then I would have had lower expectations! Some times it's better not to attempt than to have such a BAD attempt. First day they had hash brown cakes (?) The were soooo tough and hard. You could have played tiddly - winks with them. Everything got immediately cold. The sausage patties tasted like they were boiled in water. The waffle maker was a nice option, but didn't work very well. The next day wasn't much better. Everything had to have been cooked via microwave, boiling or steaming. They did have a lot of other cold options - Which I was thankful for. But one reason we booked this hotel was because it was for business and we weren't going to have time to eat a hot breakfast elsewhere.

Overall, I would stay here again - I would just budget for breakfast somewhere else!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We loved the space of the rooms and the size of the beds! EXCELLENT for families! We got a 2 bedroom suite, 1- room had king the other 2 queens! Loved the hotel location!! Would stay here again! With Triplets we HAVE to have the room and this hotel provided us with that! Will stay again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2013

TThis hotel offered terrific value, comfort and very friendly staff. The interaction with staff was most enjoyable and they couldn't do enough for us. Will stay there again on my next trip to Kansas City.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have stayed at other Homewood Suites in the past and have been very pleased with the quality of service and the accomodations. This hotel was an exception. The hotel was outdated and needed major upgrades. The fitness center was very hot and there was no water in the water cooler. The suite was clean but very outdated. The Managers reception consisted of greasy food and no beverages other than lemonade and water. The breakfast was also poor. The fruit was old and borderline rotten (grapes). The coffee was good. The staff was not very friendly. I wish I had stayed at the Embassy Suites which would have been a better experience all around.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
kimberlytwhite, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City/Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Amy H.,

Thank you for both your positive and negative feedback on your recent stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas of improvement. I sincerely apologize that your stay wasn’t the full quality you expected and deserved. I understand guest room presentation was a concern, as it is for us as well, as we are an older property. We are currently renovating in the near future now. As for our breakfast, I will address this concern with our breakfast hostess to ensure freshness and quality for all our guests. Thank you for bringing these items to my attention and I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you travel to the Overland Park area.

Kimberly T. White