$135
$119
Hyatt.com
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$133
$119
GardenInn.com
Comfort Inn+ Suites - Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$67
Holiday Inn Overland Park-Conv Ctr(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$93
$82
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

$78
HIExpress.com
$164
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
All reviewscourtyard designnice courtyardjoe's bbqthe children's hospitalfront deskconstruction noisemedical facilitiesstay was wonderfulcheck in was quick and easyking bedmarriott propertiesshowing its agehotel is locateddance competitionshower headcomfortable bedstop floor
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is an old styled Courtyard. It needs to be updated. The linens, towels, rooms and lobbies need updating.

The service is as you would expect from a Courtyard.

Don't go to breakfast here. It is really poor and not up to Marriott standards.

It is reasonably clean but I would recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Busleis45458,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that the experience you received was just average. We value your business and would like to hear more about your stay. I can also talk to you about some updates we are doing in the hotel. You can reach me at 913-317-8500.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have stayed at this location three times in the past month. It is very easy to get to off of I-435 and registration desk staff have maps and driving directions to places close by. The staff are friendly, courteous and helpful. The room was clean and although the hotel was full one of the times we stayed, it was quiet at night. We have stayed at other Courtyard's in the area and like this one the best.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms close to the elevator, as we had requested, and did not hear any noise at night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Judi262,

Thank you for the nice comments on Trip Advisor! We appreciate you sharing your opinion with us. We look forward to seeing you when you are back in Kansas City.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

...and by standard, I mean good for business travel. The hotel is off the main streets (quiet), but minutes to the restaurant area. The hotel was clean, and the staff friendly. The workout room had weights which is always a plus. This is not one of the new model Courtyards with the small bar open in the evenings if that is a feature you want. It is right next to the convention center, so this can be a bonus or a problem depending on what convention is being held. During my stay it was quiet, but next time I stay here (and I will when back in the area), I will check to see what the convention is next door.

Room Tip: Be sure to check on what convention is next door at the OP convention center. Could make the difference on a quiet or noisy stay.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear JBrette D,

I appreciate your comments about your recent stay. This is a very quiet little subset of an entertainment filled community with Leawood Town Center and Park Place within 2 miles of the hotel. We hope that when you are back in town that you choose to come back and stay with us.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here on Rewards Points. And I must say, I enjoyed my stay.

The room was comfortable, clean and all that I needed. Though embedded in an area of hospitals etc, it was a very quiet area come night and a very convenient location to College Avenue and other areas and highways.

Staff was courteous, helpful and prompt to my every need. If you need directions anywhere, they have readymade driving directions to give you.

I'd stay here again in a second.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hatlad,

Thank you for taking time to write about your pleasant stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Overland Park/ Convention Center. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I didn't rate terrible because the lobby was quite nice and the employees did try to please though lacking in competency. I booked a two night package through Travelocity for a girlfriends wedding at the Convention Center. The weekend was busy and hotels were full due to a lineman's rodeo that weekend for perspective. I stayed in a handicapped room (411) which was located close to the elevators.

The good things about this hotel were it's proximity to the Convention Center and it's kind customer service staff. I'll spare the details, but I required a fridge that weekend. Unfortunately a hotel full of drunk linemen had every single room booked with a fridge full of beer a few days before I arrived. They were crowding the elevators and partying up and down the almost painfully slow elevators hopping on and off at various floors all day Saturday. So, I was without a fridge the first night, but the staff did put my bag cooler in the restaurant fridge and retrieved it whenever I requested promptly. The staff was able to acquire me a fridge on Sunday, but I found out via coming back to a disabled room key and having to turn around and go back down to the front desk. The fridge did improve my irritation about the room key situation. The bed was comfortable and I didn't notice any elevator noise in my room from all the activity. I checked out at the front desk on Monday and was given a receipt for zero charges.

The not so good was the rooms being in need of a desperate remodel/update. The carpet being horrible from the lobby to the room and the bedding and furniture were old. The tv's reception was terrible with fuzzy lines through most channels. The pipes under the bathroom sink leaked and the shower curtain rod was no longer attached securely to the wall which made the shower curtain unable to close a third of the way. Once arriving home I found credit card charges of $177; I called the hotel direct and was told it was an employee error and that charges would be promptly refunded. I write my review hoping the experience is over now and there is not more issues ahead.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank awatts
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear awatts,

I want to thank you for your comments in regards to your previous stay. Marriott tries to ensure every guest is satisfied before they leave and I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered. I would like to speak to you further about those concerns you had. Can you please give me a call at your convenience? I can be reached at 913-317-8500. Again, I sincerely apologize.

Kind Regards,