“Convenient Place to Stay”

Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have stayed at this location three times in the past month. It is very easy to get to off of I-435 and registration desk staff have maps and driving directions to places close by. The staff are friendly, courteous and helpful. The room was clean and although the hotel was full one of the times we stayed, it was quiet at night. We have stayed at other Courtyard's in the area and like this one the best.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms close to the elevator, as we had requested, and did not hear any noise at night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Judi262,

Thank you for the nice comments on Trip Advisor! We appreciate you sharing your opinion with us. We look forward to seeing you when you are back in Kansas City.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

...and by standard, I mean good for business travel. The hotel is off the main streets (quiet), but minutes to the restaurant area. The hotel was clean, and the staff friendly. The workout room had weights which is always a plus. This is not one of the new model Courtyards with the small bar open in the evenings if that is a feature you want. It is right next to the convention center, so this can be a bonus or a problem depending on what convention is being held. During my stay it was quiet, but next time I stay here (and I will when back in the area), I will check to see what the convention is next door.

Room Tip: Be sure to check on what convention is next door at the OP convention center. Could make the differ...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear JBrette D,

I appreciate your comments about your recent stay. This is a very quiet little subset of an entertainment filled community with Leawood Town Center and Park Place within 2 miles of the hotel. We hope that when you are back in town that you choose to come back and stay with us.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here on Rewards Points. And I must say, I enjoyed my stay.

The room was comfortable, clean and all that I needed. Though embedded in an area of hospitals etc, it was a very quiet area come night and a very convenient location to College Avenue and other areas and highways.

Staff was courteous, helpful and prompt to my every need. If you need directions anywhere, they have readymade driving directions to give you.

I'd stay here again in a second.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hatlad,

Thank you for taking time to write about your pleasant stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Overland Park/ Convention Center. We are glad you had an enjoyable stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I didn't rate terrible because the lobby was quite nice and the employees did try to please though lacking in competency. I booked a two night package through Travelocity for a girlfriends wedding at the Convention Center. The weekend was busy and hotels were full due to a lineman's rodeo that weekend for perspective. I stayed in a handicapped room (411) which was located close to the elevators.

The good things about this hotel were it's proximity to the Convention Center and it's kind customer service staff. I'll spare the details, but I required a fridge that weekend. Unfortunately a hotel full of drunk linemen had every single room booked with a fridge full of beer a few days before I arrived. They were crowding the elevators and partying up and down the almost painfully slow elevators hopping on and off at various floors all day Saturday. So, I was without a fridge the first night, but the staff did put my bag cooler in the restaurant fridge and retrieved it whenever I requested promptly. The staff was able to acquire me a fridge on Sunday, but I found out via coming back to a disabled room key and having to turn around and go back down to the front desk. The fridge did improve my irritation about the room key situation. The bed was comfortable and I didn't notice any elevator noise in my room from all the activity. I checked out at the front desk on Monday and was given a receipt for zero charges.

The not so good was the rooms being in need of a desperate remodel/update. The carpet being horrible from the lobby to the room and the bedding and furniture were old. The tv's reception was terrible with fuzzy lines through most channels. The pipes under the bathroom sink leaked and the shower curtain rod was no longer attached securely to the wall which made the shower curtain unable to close a third of the way. Once arriving home I found credit card charges of $177; I called the hotel direct and was told it was an employee error and that charges would be promptly refunded. I write my review hoping the experience is over now and there is not more issues ahead.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank awatts
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear awatts,

I want to thank you for your comments in regards to your previous stay. Marriott tries to ensure every guest is satisfied before they leave and I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered. I would like to speak to you further about those concerns you had. Can you please give me a call at your convenience? I can be reached at 913-317-8500. Again, I sincerely apologize.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

A very nice Courtyard hotel. What you would expect from the brand.
Does have a lot of families with kids due to proximity to the children's hospital.
Would stay there again!
As normal it does not have a free breakfast but they do have a place you can buy meals.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Onthego2much,

Thank you for your comment about the Courtyard Overland Park Convention Center. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

General Mananger

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Nicey at the front desk is awesome!
Breakfast service was great!
Good service overall!
If your not uppity, a great value place to stay.
This property is just off of I-435 which makes it easy to get to most venues in and around Kansas City. If you don't want to go too far this property is close to lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear WGKirby,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice comment about Niecey and your recent stay at our hotel. We will share your feedback with the entire staff. We hope that when you come back to Kansas City you will stay with us again.

Marcia

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is very clean and accomodating. Niecy at the front desk was very helpful, warm and welcoming. The pool and jacuzzi are very nice and clean. The breakfast is not free, but is very good. I highly recommend this property. I got a special weekend rate on the Marriott site using code MEB for $55 per night on the weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear YMINKC,

Thank you for your kind words about Niecey and the hotel. We take great pride in our excellent service to our guests and providing a clean and accomodating hotel. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in town.

Marcia D