Holiday Inn Overland Park-Conv Ctr(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$93
$82
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $95/night.

Comfort Inn+ Suites - Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$91
$67
ComfortInn
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$133
$119
$109
Homewood
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$86
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

$85
$71
$130
$119
$159
  • Pool
$164
  • Pool
All reviewscourtyard designnice courtyardjoe's bbqthe children's hospitalfront deskconstruction noisemedical facilitiesstay was wonderfulcheck in was quick and easyking bedmarriott propertiesshowing its agehotel is locateddance competitionshower headcomfortable bedstop floor
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I didn't rate terrible because the lobby was quite nice and the employees did try to please though lacking in competency. I booked a two night package through Travelocity for a girlfriends wedding at the Convention Center. The weekend was busy and hotels were full due to a lineman's rodeo that weekend for perspective. I stayed in a handicapped room (411) which was located close to the elevators.

The good things about this hotel were it's proximity to the Convention Center and it's kind customer service staff. I'll spare the details, but I required a fridge that weekend. Unfortunately a hotel full of drunk linemen had every single room booked with a fridge full of beer a few days before I arrived. They were crowding the elevators and partying up and down the almost painfully slow elevators hopping on and off at various floors all day Saturday. So, I was without a fridge the first night, but the staff did put my bag cooler in the restaurant fridge and retrieved it whenever I requested promptly. The staff was able to acquire me a fridge on Sunday, but I found out via coming back to a disabled room key and having to turn around and go back down to the front desk. The fridge did improve my irritation about the room key situation. The bed was comfortable and I didn't notice any elevator noise in my room from all the activity. I checked out at the front desk on Monday and was given a receipt for zero charges.

The not so good was the rooms being in need of a desperate remodel/update. The carpet being horrible from the lobby to the room and the bedding and furniture were old. The tv's reception was terrible with fuzzy lines through most channels. The pipes under the bathroom sink leaked and the shower curtain rod was no longer attached securely to the wall which made the shower curtain unable to close a third of the way. Once arriving home I found credit card charges of $177; I called the hotel direct and was told it was an employee error and that charges would be promptly refunded. I write my review hoping the experience is over now and there is not more issues ahead.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank awatts
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear awatts,

I want to thank you for your comments in regards to your previous stay. Marriott tries to ensure every guest is satisfied before they leave and I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered. I would like to speak to you further about those concerns you had. Can you please give me a call at your convenience? I can be reached at 913-317-8500. Again, I sincerely apologize.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

A very nice Courtyard hotel. What you would expect from the brand.
Does have a lot of families with kids due to proximity to the children's hospital.
Would stay there again!
As normal it does not have a free breakfast but they do have a place you can buy meals.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Onthego2much,

Thank you for your comment about the Courtyard Overland Park Convention Center. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

General Mananger

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Nicey at the front desk is awesome!
Breakfast service was great!
Good service overall!
If your not uppity, a great value place to stay.
This property is just off of I-435 which makes it easy to get to most venues in and around Kansas City. If you don't want to go too far this property is close to lots of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear WGKirby,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice comment about Niecey and your recent stay at our hotel. We will share your feedback with the entire staff. We hope that when you come back to Kansas City you will stay with us again.

Marcia

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is very clean and accomodating. Niecy at the front desk was very helpful, warm and welcoming. The pool and jacuzzi are very nice and clean. The breakfast is not free, but is very good. I highly recommend this property. I got a special weekend rate on the Marriott site using code MEB for $55 per night on the weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear YMINKC,

Thank you for your kind words about Niecey and the hotel. We take great pride in our excellent service to our guests and providing a clean and accomodating hotel. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in town.

Marcia D

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Friendly & welcoming staff; however, they didn't do anything to recognize my Marriott Gold status. Very clean and well maintained. Pool and fitness center, but didn't use them due to it being a sports weekend, with lots of children. The hotel common areas and room were very clean and well-maintained. Hotel very easy to find off the freeway and in a very, very safe area next to the Children's hospital; we were able to walk around the area well after dark without any fear; the parking lot was similarly safe. A positive about this location on this trip, which made it safe and quiet, was that there wasn't any food, gas or other shopping at the freeway exit. We stayed on a Friday night and got a very reasonable AAA rate.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear ClarkCreek,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize that your Reward status was not recognized. I will follow up with the front desk staff to ensure they are recognizing and thanking our Marriott Rewards members. We understand how valuable our Elite members are and appreciate your loyalty to Marriott. Thank you for staying with us and hope that when you are in Kansas City again you will come back to see us.