Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our family stayed here while visiting the KC area. It was clean and nice, no complaints, great staff. we would definitely stay again! Close and convenient to all attractions we were there to see. They were nice enough to upgrade us to a larger room with a sofa instead of making our son sleep on a roll away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Jamie200027,

I want to thank you for your review of our hotel. It is very important to us that you are taken care of when you are here and from your review it looks like we succeeded. We are glad you enjoyed your experience here and hope that you will come back soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel to get some R&R. Check in was wonderful. When I told the clerk why I was staying, ( to recover after major surgery) she was kind enough to give me a room with a balcony, so that I could easily get some fresh air. That was very much appreciated
The room was immaculate and it was very quiet allowing me to get some much needed rest.

Would stay here again in a New York second!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear AliasAnn,

Thank you so much for your "wonderful" review of the hotel. We pride ourselves in taking great care of our guests. We look forward to seeing you when you return to the Overland Park area.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have stayed in Courtyard Hotels in many different cities over the country and this one would rank in the bottom third. It is old and appears to be an early version of "Courtyards" or a purchase of another company's facility. The price was a selling point for our stay, however we will not return. We had two issues with the room the first night - 1) the mattress pad would "bunch" up and create very noticeable lumps in the bed, 2) the toilet seat would not stay in a vertical position. The next morning we asked for these to be adjusted. The toilet seat was not fixed - it appeared that a new seat had been put on the old toilet and the new design could not be adjusted to fit the old toilet. I did find a way to keep the seat vertical - a towel draped over the tank onto the seat worked every time. The mattress pad was replaced with a much smaller pad - probably a queen size. It did not bunch as it was quite taught, however it was 6 - 8 inches from each side of the bed and this created a defined edge that was noticeable. We accepted this solution and tried to stay off that area.

There were other items that seemed to be different from other Courtyard locations. No in room refrigerator, coffee pot and cups were placed on the desk - which was the furthest location from the sink - and the mirror was located behind the TV.

The staff was friendly, the location was perfect for Convention Center participants, and the room was efficiently heated/cooled.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear WWorker,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Convention Center. I read your review and I understand how frustrating it can be when you have a certain level of expectation and it is not reached. I am sorry that you had those issues while you were here. I will be following up with my staff to determine how the situation could have been handled better. I know we are better than what you initially experienced and I hope that you will give us another chance when you come back to Kansas City.

Marcia Drake, General Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My first time staying here at this adress. I have tried other similar hotels in the area and keep looking for the perfect one. This Marriott Courtyard was fine. Clean, well appointed, quiet and the Internet was good. The bed was comfortable, the breakfast so-so, but everything you would expect in a Marriott Courtyard.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear ScottM1,

Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Overland Park Convention Center on Trip Advisor! I appreciate you taking your time to give us your feedback. We are excited that we met your needs here at the Courtyard. Next time you come into town we hope that you will decide to stay with us again. If you have any ideas on what would make the breakfast better for you please let me know. I want to ensure that you have a great breakfast next time you are here.

Marcia D

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This courtyard's location is right off the interstate, close to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. I've stayed there a few times in the past. The property is showing minor wear but is still in great shape and up to Marriott standards. They have an indoor pool and workout area. The hotel sits next to the convention center. On many occasions, families book this hotel for athletic functions they attend. Therefore, you may see groups of young people in the lobby. I will stay here again in the future. My only complaint would be the mattresses. They are due to be replaced. They weren't terrible, but they were showing their age.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Sightseesylvia P,

Thank you for your recent comments! We also agree that we have a great location close to entertainment and restaurants with a great value. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Convention Center in Overland Park and we can't wait to see you again!

Marcia D

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed on a Fri and Sat night in January for a dance workshop weekend. Safe, well-lit parking lot, warm and inviting lobby and friendly/helpful staff. Our QUIET room had 2 COMFORTABLE queen beds and a balcony. Our only complaint was that there was no refrigerator in the room for our snacks and drinks. The pool was the perfect temperature and a nice, relaxing hot tub. The fitness center offered fresh towels, water cooler and up-to-date machines with a working TV and remote. We did not eat in the restaurant. We did spend time in the lobby after check-out and used the computer. Very nice hotel and great value.

Room Tip: I cannot imagine that any room would be a bad location. Our room was close to the elevators and ice...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Mom_in_Iowa_11,

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay here at the Courtyard Convention Center in Overland Park. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We hope that when you return to Kansas City you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Everything was great. I was greated at the desk by name upon check-in as well as at check-out time. The staff made sure that everything was to my liking in my room and asked if there was anything that they could do to assist. Troy at the front desk was friendly and made sure that my reservation, points, and rewards status were all correct upon my check-in.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and I always request to be away from the elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Marc Potrzeboski,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment about your recent stay here at the Courtyard Convention Center in Overland Park. I am very happy to hear that Troy takes such good care of you. I will be sure to thank him as well as let the entire staff know what a good job they do to take care of our guests each and every day.

Thank you!