“Really like this Courtyard” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Kirkwood, Mo
“Really like this Courtyard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recently moved our local office to Overland Park and have stayed here three times since August, each for two or three nights. Each time, I have found the entire staff warm and welcoming.

The lobby and restaurant are the older style, I have grown to like the newer Courtyard front desk and Bistro, but it's still nice. Laurie in the restaurant has always been a bright start to the morning!

The location is very close to everything in the area and plenty of restaurants. There is another Courtyard close by, but I've stayed there before and it's OK. I prefer this location.

I've finished this year up with 77 Marriott nights, so I'm pretty loyal to the brand. This Courtyard is one of the reasons.

Oh, the front side of the building seems more quiet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear tmnkwd,

Thank you for taking time to write about your experiences here at this Courtyard by Marriott. We pride ourselves on the warm, guest friendly staff that we have. I will be sure to read your comments to the team. We do sit in a nice location close to the business hub and shopping and dining.

We hope to see you again real soon!

Marcia Drake, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Aledo, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here for a conference in the area. I got a good rate on Priceline and thought I had nothing to lose as usually Marriotts are a good.

The hotel was clean and the staff was fantastic. My only complaint is that it is decorated like a retirement home. There is nothing esthetically pleasing about the hotel.

I didn't have breakfast, but the bed was comfortable and everything was quite clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Nogentais 1986,

Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel and staff! We are happy you enjoyed your stay! I hope that when you come back to the Kansas City area you will stay here again. We appreciate you taking the time to send a comment into Trip Advisor as well.

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've stayed at several marriott hotels before & the Courtyard By the Convention Center on Woodson. The staff is always very friendly & helpful. My last 2 stays were very welcoming & pleasant. I called about my reservation a few times before my visit & spoke with Rebecca. She was very helpful & polite so when I checked in I made sure to thank her. She told me about the towncar company that took me to eat for free, & informed me of breakfast. She also was quick on fuulfilling my requests. Another girl, Danielle was always smiling. I assume the management is wonderful because I've not had any problems, & everyone is very friendly & offers constant help. I definitely will return

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Susan W,

Thank you for your comment about your recent stays at the Courtyard by Marriott Convention Center in Overland Park. I made sure to recognize Rebecca and Daniela in our daily meeting for taking great care of you. I am very proud of the staff and how they go above and beyond to ensure our guest's stay is enjoyable and memorable. Thank you again for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Excellent arrival experience and front desk help from Troy. Very professional, knew the area, had recommendations ready for restaurants. Also very good with directions to several venues. Total experience here was positive --- clean, relaxing room, clean fitness center. This location is great for the OP Convention Center but also many corporate headquarters. Troy was "above and beyond" in customer service, professionalism, and knowledge of the area. Jasmine at front desk was also helpful. Really appreciate the staff excellence here. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Great sunset views on west-facing side (odd numbers); some rooms with balconies.
1 Thank DrFrisbie
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear DrFrisbie,

I am very pleased you had an excellent stay at our hotel! Thank you for your comments! I will definitely pass along my appreciation to Troy and Jasmine for taking great care of you. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

The Courtyard by Marriott at the Overland Park Convention Center is a great value with superb service and accomodations. Beginning with the General Manager, Marcie Drake and the front desk staff of Troy, Judy and others, they are always available and willing to help make an excellent guest experience.

My room has always been clean and well tended. The breakfast buffet has good variety and the staff of Lynn, Sarah and others are very accommodating.

Dear Jeff Z,

Thank you for your comments about our staff and hotel! We take pride in providing superb service to our guests and making them feel at home while they are here. I will be sure to read your comments to the staff and recognize the individuals mentioned. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Denver, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard for two nights over a weekend while in town on business. First the hotel is better than some of the reviews portrayed the property. It is in need of a makeover to have the typical Couryard furnishings. The good: my room had a balcony which I didn't use but it was nice to be able to slide open the window for some fresh outside air. There were swim and baseball teams staying there and the kids were either very well behaved or my room was quiet.Location is excellent. The bed was typical courtyard quality. Sam at the front desk was very helpful, she even provided a card for a free dessert at Sullivan's Steakhouse.
The bad: furnishings are a little tired and ready to be replaced. All in all a pleasant two night stay.

Room Tip: I had room 521. The room came with a whirlpool bath next to the bed. I didn't use it but having...
1 Thank DoctorRDenver_CO
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear DoctorRDenver_CO:

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I do agree that we have a great location right next to the Convention Center in Overland Park and right off 435. I am glad you enjoyed your room and the service you received from Sam at the front desk. She will be rewarded for the excellent service she provided. Thank you!

KC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

I travel extensively on business, I am a Marriott Reward Member- this hotel is not equally welcoming to Business Women; Using my own wifi signal on my own laptop I was stalked by a disrespectful and dishonest maintenance employee having a middle eastern heritage, stalked from the lobby, to the 24 hr "business" library, to the women's restroom- the front desk clerk noticed and told him to get about his business but he didn't let up- he stated "she belongs in her room"- mind you I was conservatively and well attired. My presence in the lobby interrupted his TV viewing--the lobby upholstery is filthy, the overall condition worn, the room interiors worn- all unusual for a Marriott branded hotel. What is good is the indoor pool, if you don't mind the same maintenance staff oogling you-and the location. Won't stay here again. Wish we had booked the next door Sheraton or the Marriott on Metcalf.

Room Tip: There is a Marriott on Metcalf and a splendid Sheraton next door.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank trvaleveryweek
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear Trvaleveryweek,

I want to thank you for your comments. I understand your concern; safety of our travelers is taken very seriously at this hotel as well as Marriott as a whole. I would like to follow up with all the individuals that were working at the desk and in engineering during your stay. If you could call me to let me know the dates you were here that would help me in my investigation. As far as the lobby internet connectivity, we have state of the art complimentary wireless internet in the hotel and I am not sure why you were not able to access our provider. We can discuss that as well. I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you had. I hope that we can speak further about these issues. You can reach me at (913) 317-8500. Again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to speaking with you further.