Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$99
GardenInn.com
Holiday Inn Overland Park-Conv Ctr(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$88
$78
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

Comfort Inn+ Suites - Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$88
$67
ComfortInn
$86
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

$73
CandlewoodSuites
$89
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

• Pool
Homewood
All reviewscourtyard designnice courtyardjoe's bbqthe children's hospitalfront deskconstruction noisemedical facilitiesstay was wonderfulcheck in was quick and easyking bedmarriott propertiesshowing its agehotel is locateddance competitionshower headcomfortable bedstop floor
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I travel extensively on business, I am a Marriott Reward Member- this hotel is not equally welcoming to Business Women; Using my own wifi signal on my own laptop I was stalked by a disrespectful and dishonest maintenance employee having a middle eastern heritage, stalked from the lobby, to the 24 hr "business" library, to the women's restroom- the front desk clerk noticed and told him to get about his business but he didn't let up- he stated "she belongs in her room"- mind you I was conservatively and well attired. My presence in the lobby interrupted his TV viewing--the lobby upholstery is filthy, the overall condition worn, the room interiors worn- all unusual for a Marriott branded hotel. What is good is the indoor pool, if you don't mind the same maintenance staff oogling you-and the location. Won't stay here again. Wish we had booked the next door Sheraton or the Marriott on Metcalf.

Room Tip: There is a Marriott on Metcalf and a splendid Sheraton next door.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank trvaleveryweek
Marcia D, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2012

Dear Trvaleveryweek,

I want to thank you for your comments. I understand your concern; safety of our travelers is taken very seriously at this hotel as well as Marriott as a whole. I would like to follow up with all the individuals that were working at the desk and in engineering during your stay. If you could call me to let me know the dates you were here that would help me in my investigation. As far as the lobby internet connectivity, we have state of the art complimentary wireless internet in the hotel and I am not sure why you were not able to access our provider. We can discuss that as well. I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you had. I hope that we can speak further about these issues. You can reach me at (913) 317-8500. Again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to speaking with you further.

Marcia Drake

Reviewed July 24, 2011

I am a Platinum Marriott member and stay in probably 75 different hotels each year and always enjoy the consistency of Courtyard's. This place was appalling. I arrived late and the front door was locked. A friendly lady let me in and checked me in to my room which she said was upgraded to a jacuzzi room. This is where the experience went south.

I got to the room and got unpacked and went to use the bathroom to find urine dried on the toilet seat. I went to wash my hands and found a leaking sink with stains all over it from the leaky water. I was tired so I just went to bed. When I got up to shower the next morning, I discovered long woman's hairs on the walls of the shower and several other hairs on the ceiling and also by the jacuzzi next to my bed (I took pictures in case I got sick but will spare posting them for you). I did share this with the front desk person when I checked out and she did get the GM, who came out and sort of seemed like she cared. I didn't ask for anything, but she did offer me some bonus Marriott rewards points which was at least a nice gesture.

Overall this hotel is the opposite of every other Courtyard I have stayed at. Tired, old furnishings and a dirty room. I will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank TexasTX_Travelers
Marcia D, Manager at Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Hello TexasTX_Travelers,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand the frustration you experienced when getting to the room and discovering it was not cleaned up to Marriott's standards. We addressed the issue with the housekeeper to avoid this from happening again. I want to sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. I would like to speak with you further about your stay. Can you please contact me at your convenience (913) 317-8500?

Marcia Drake

Reviewed July 10, 2011

A nice hotel on a business trip with a good restaraunt for breakfast. Nice staff.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel after seeing a baseball game in Kansas City. For the price, I'm sure you couldn't find anything comparable in the city. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and even though it was crowded we never once had a noise problem. This hotel was easy to find, and honestly the drive to and from Kansas City wasn't that noticeable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We stay here frequently and someone is coaching the staff because they were friendlier and more helpful than the last time we were here. We really like it here, plus this time, we had the benefit of the breakfast package. YUM!

Great fitness room(2 Lifefitness treadmills, 1Lifefitness elliptical,1 bike, weights). Fitness room could use some cleaning but at least the equipment worked well.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo