“Great Housekeeping, comfortable rooms overall a great place to stay.”

Holiday Inn Overland Park-Conv Ctr
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Housekeeping, comfortable rooms overall a great place to stay.”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Cookies, personalised letter from the staff in a great room. From checking in where our keys and paperwork was ready and organized, to checking out. Even the house keeper was friendy and realy helpful. The location is close to lots of resturants and shops.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We stayed here for a Valentines getaway and really enjoyed ourselves. I had searched all over the KC area for a reasonably priced room with a jacuzzi suite at a hotel that also offered room service. Our plan was for a couples massage in the afternoon, then check into the hotel and not surface until checkout, and this worked great for that purpose. I got the room for less than $130/night, which was almost half the price of other hotels in the area that offered the same amenities.

Details on the room itself: a fridge, microwave, big desk, and dining table with two chairs was in the entry area. There was a decent sized HDTV (although the signal didn't appear to be in high def, which led to a not-very-crisp picture) in the living area, with a couch and chair. Not the most comfy couch (it was a pullout sofa) but with extra room pillows was fine. We brought a DVD player from home, watched a scary movie, and popped corn in the microwave. Quite handy. They also offered movies to rent, including movies still at the theater. At first I balked at $15 for a movie, but when I realized it would cost us that (or more) to see "Black Swan" at the theaters, I was more than willing to pay.

The bed was super comfy. PIllows were great. The only thing that kept me from a super fantastic nights sleep was the heating/cooling unit. When it cycled on and off, for some reason, it kept waking me up. It wasn't horribly loud, I just don't think I was used to the unusual sound.

The jacuzzi was roomy enough for two. I felt the water was plenty warm enough but my husband prefers to scald in the hot tub, so he was not as happy with the temp. Still, we soaked and relaxed, bringing the ipod ready alarm/radio in the bathroom so we could listen to music. I DO wish they had a dimmer for the lights. It would really make the experience even more soothing.

Room service was two hamburgers, which were large, tasty and heaped with super crunchy fries. I think our room service bill was only $25 (including tip), which, granted, is high for two burgers, but not bad for room service and totally worth it.

Hubby was disappointed in the pool (in the winter, the indoor section is pitifully small) as well as the sparse workout equipment (he would have liked some free weights). But overall, we really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I was in Kansas City for a business meeting at the Overland Park Convention Center. The Holiday Inn offered me a much better rate than the hotel at the convention center. I enjoyed dinner at the lobby restaurant...large serving of coconut shrimp and a great beer! This hotel was in good condition, very clean and the staff was nice.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The BEST thing about this place is the ready availability of sheltered parking directly beneath the structure! If anyone's familiar with Kansas, the State experiences weather extremes nearly all year. From the 90's-100's with high humdity to well-below-freezing with ice and snow in the winter. Having protected, ~temperature stable protection for ones vehicle puts this fine establishment squarely in the, "elite" category for me. AND, "double-elite" for summer stays in my BLACK car!
Other: the staff's friendly and the rooms are comfortable as THE UPHOLSTERY's not worn out (getting to be an unusual trait!). Beds are very comfortable as well! Now - if they could just attach lanai's to the upper floors ala nearby Marriott Courtyard... Other nice touches: decent and accessible guest laundry and every weeknight there was a Manager's Reception with a free drink for anyone attending ("gratuity not included'). I never attended the latter, being an anti-social type, so can't comment on the Lobby Bar.
BAD-but-if-one-has-to-gripe-about-anything: TINY television and outrageous pricing on amenities from store on the premises. AND, no free breakfast (also getting to be typical!)
In what's getting to be a regular occurrence, I tried to extend my Priceline reservation and was denied unless I was willing to pay the standard rates at nearly double my bid price. Oh well!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
MORRIS
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We were a bit worried when we read the reviews of this hotel after booking with hot
wire.But we were pleased when we arrived.The lobby and the rooms were very nice.Plush beds and 42 in.flat screen tv.The staff was pleasant and vey accomidating.We did not eat at the restuarant,and therefore can not comment on that.Location was good for us,a short trip to Kansas speedway and Legends shopping mall.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2010

After reading many mixed reviews, I was nervous to stay here, but it is what Priceline gave me after I made a bid. I must say it was a wonderful surprise and I would definitely stay here again! The staff was welcoming and helpful. I had requested 2 beds, but was given a king room instead. When I addressed this, the staff quickly had a rollaway sent to our room at no extra charge (although there is normally a fee). Warm chocolate chip cookies welcomed us in our room. Rooms were clean, modern, and spacious. Location was perfect. Do not let negative reviews dissuade you as this hotel is worth the stop.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Grand Junction Colorado
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I'm still looking for a good Holiday Inn around Mission Kansas. This one has the potental but needs work. I work on the road 100 % of the time so I go to a lot of hotels. I have a couple reasons why I'll not stay here again. 1. When I check in I am usually given at least one coupon for a free / discounted breakfast and/or beverage. NOTHING! When I asked I was told I did not spend enough for the room! (I was booked for eleven nights)
2 The shower in the room was just terrible. The shower curtain was too tall for the spot that they mounted the shower rod so you found yourself standing on the curtain half the time.In addition,the bar that the movable shower head was mounted to was so loose I was afraid that it was going to fall off. Also the hot water ran out twice during my stay. Other than that they need to update the TV's and fix the cable signal.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business