“Above and Beyond Expectations”

Holiday Inn Overland Park-Conv Ctr
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have stayed at this location a number of times and have always had an exceptional experience. The staff is always friendly, the rooms and facilities are always better than expected. On my most recent visit, I had a special set of requests for the hotel staff which were executed flawlessly, and exceded my expectations. I would not only recommend this location to anyone, I would tell them it would be foolish to try to find a better facility, a more professional staff, and/or better value for your dollar. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marc J

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Room was nice, great food at the bar w great service, Internet ok. The fitness center was a couple of old busted up treadmills, bike n elliptical, w no weights.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank roadlesstraveledNj
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Overland Park-Conv Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear roadlesstraveledNj,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you were not happy with our fitness center. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate department.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed here after my LASIK eye surgery from Durrie Vision. The location was ideal! Walking distance from the office suites. My wife had to put Rx eye drops in my eyes EVERY fifteen minutes, and I needed to keep lights at a minimum due to sensitivity. I had a post-op appointment the following day - across the street!

So, this hotel was perfect! It was CLEAN, quiet and dark (with the curtains closed). I was a bit weary because of the "convention center" part of the hotel, but we did not notice it. We purchased great breakfast and brought it up to the room. There is also a 24hr food shop in the lobby. We wanted to sample the evening restaurant, but my eyes were still sensitive.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Excellent property. Well maintained, clean, very nice staff. Nice mini-mart for snacks and the room was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Clean, quiet and comfortable. Got the room rate included the free breakfast buffet. But ordering from menu in restaurant also possble.

Indoor pool and parking garage underneath the hotel.

Relatively convenient to Kaufman and Arrowhead stadiums considering the price break for staying out here.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at end of hallways. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for a 3 week period. I was there on business. I was fortunate enough to have one of their 2 rooms suites. It was immaculately cleaned everyday without quesiton. The beds were extremely comfortable and the linens were great. The staff was accomodating and kind. I would stay here again and again. The restaurant on site was tasty and shopping is very close. No noticeable noise from the highway. Superior hotel, staff, location, and suites. Absolutely superior!!! Being a female, all of these things are extremely important.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank valentina70
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We're a close family, but not that close! We reserved a room on Hotwire for 4 and called to confirm on the drive over. We discovered they wanted to put us in a King room with a cot...and they thought that was perfectly acceptable?!? Lucky for us, Hotwire stood by their guarantee and found us a room in another hotel where we could legitimately sleep 4!

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family