All reviews hen house fast internet within walking distance comfortable bed full kitchen desk clerk fitness room cvs refrigerator cupboard kc vents treadmill
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2018

The Boss & I were here a couple of weeks ago. (In order to spoil our fantastic Granddaughter.) When we found this great place of rest. All I can say is that words fail me on expressing my admiration for this Hotel.

The place was very clean. The Staff was very friendly & helpful. Also parking was plentiful and well maintained. They also had some of the most powerful water pressure in their shower that I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying.

So if you ever find yourself in this neck of the woods. You might want to consider this out standing place of sleep!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank David L
Reviewed August 4, 2018

As you pull up you'll notice the torn Candlewood and American flags, and the trash at the entrance to the property. Room was dirty. Filthy inside microwave, dirty inside refrigerator, CIGARETTE ASH by the windowsill - in a non-smoking property! GM, Operations and sales managers sit in their offices and don't inspect housekeeping or their property. This properties shortcomings were easy fixes had any supervisor done their job.

Decent location, plenty of complimentary parking. Front desk personnel were very nice. Decent price if room was clean. Bedding was comfortable, and room was quiet.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Achmed S
Reviewed July 9, 2018

The lobby and hallways are fine, but the room had been updated fully. Every single nook and cranny was very clean. We always have a feeling of having a larger room at Candlewood Suites. We travel with our dog, so enjoyed having the full refrigerator and freezer for ourselves and our dog's food. After our dog lapped water from her bowl and I cleaned up the drips from the floor, I was amazed how clean the floor was.

Check-in was unexpectedly pleasant - the desk clerk was maybe also the owner? Made us feel as if we might have been family.

This particular location was very quiet. Grocery store, hardware store, McDonald's all very near and within walking distance.

Date of stay: July 2018
Anissa G, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Dear JudithM192,

I wanted to personally reach out to you and thank you for choosing to stay with us at Candlewood Suites while you were in Overland Park. We appreciate your loyalty to IHG and for being an IHG Rewards Member! 

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

Let me know if I can be of assistance in any of your future travel needs. We are always happy to help! We look forward to your next visit.

Have a fantastic rest of your day!
Anissa
Director of Sales
913.469.5557
anissa.garner@ihg.com

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I commute and sometimes need to stay late for my job. Candlewood Suites makes it easy. It is quite, centrally located, close to restaurants, and meets my needs. I could do my job then relax at the hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018

Dear Jill B,

I wanted to personally reach out to you and thank you for choosing to stay with us at Candlewood Suites while you were in Overland Park. We appreciate your loyalty are grateful to have you to take the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

Anissa
Director of Sales
913.469.5557
anissa.garner@ihg.com

Reviewed February 26, 2018

I was here for two weeks, and was extremely pleased with my experience.

The layout of the room is ideal. Everything is clean and new,

- Comfortable bed
- Good-sized, HD tv
- Big desk
- Fast Internet!
- DVD/ VHS player came with the room. Really impressed by this.
- Amazing shower
- Within walking distance of so many essentials for a traveler. Big grocery store, pharmacy, coffee shops, fast food, liquor store, barber shop, etc. Everything is close and convenient.
- Nice exercise room, one of the best ones I've seen in a hotel.
- Kind staff

All in all, this was a great hotel. I highly recommend it. They did have an issue with their hot water in the mornings, probably due to the large amount of shower traffic between 6-7 in the morning. If you got a shower while it was hot though, it was one of the best showers I've had. I imagine they'll fix whatever the issue was, they seem to be on top of things.

Date of stay: February 2018