“I needed binoculars to watch the small flat screen from the bed.”

Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Iowa
“I needed binoculars to watch the small flat screen from the bed.”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Overall, the room was clean. However, we left the next a.m. to sightsee and returned to find room service had provided clean linens but did not remake the beds, as expected. The continental breakfast was okay but make sure you get up early to eat because most things were picked over later in the a.m. I would recommend (Chase) investing in larger televisions because I needed binoculars to watch the very small flat screen tv from the bed.

MidwestTraveler

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MidwestTraveler86
Chaseop, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park, responded to this review, April 3, 2010
Dear MidwestTraveler86,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay to the Chase Sutie Hotel. I am sorry that you left feeling that your experience was anything less than exceptional. Please know that daily housekeeping service does include making your bed and that our "hot" breakfast should be fully stocked from beginning to end. I hope that you will visit the Chase Suite Hotel again and give us the opportunity to make it right for you and your family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed February 10, 2010

We were an extended stay (two to three months) family with two middle-school aged children. Very quickly felt like the staff were a part of an extended family. The value for the money is great, but the staff is what made our stay so comfortable. For families with children looking for an extended stay, the location feeds to the best schools in the area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Chaseop, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park, responded to this review, February 19, 2010
Dear FlyersFan12,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our daily complimentary breakfast and our evening complimentary Manager's Reception offers a great opportunity to meet our guest and even get to know them "like famliy".

Enjoy the new home and don't be strangers...the Chase Suite Hotel offers a great place to relax on a weekend escape.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We only spent one night in Chase Suites, but I really wish it had been more! Nice sized room. VERY clean. I loved the fact that the TV could swivel on a 180 degree pivot to be viewed from anywhere in the room. Very friendly at front desk. Enjoyed the fireplace. Wireless internet was VERY easy to connect to. The only complaint I have is that I could plainly hear the people walking around in the room above us, and it was quite loud when they turned on the shower. Probably too late to do much about that now, but if I went back, I would try to get either a room with nobody above me, or a room on the 2nd floor. I would strongly recommend this hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Chaseop, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park, responded to this review, February 11, 2010
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to dee you again real soon!
Colorado
Reviewed November 29, 2009

The good:
- Quick check-in and check-out.
- Suite with 2 King beds and 2 full bathrooms.
- Complimentary business room with computer, internet and printer.
- Good value with free-day Thanksgiving special.

The bad:
- Uncomfortable saggy beds.
- Very loud, both from I435 and adjacent rooms.
- No maid or maintenance service on Thanksgiving - why was this not disclosed when reservation was made?
- Hotel is dated and worn and just being minimally maintained. Our shower didn't drain, light switch was broken and wouldn't turn off, front door didn't seal tight, and curtains were missing hangers letting in light. Suite had a bad odor on day no maid service was provided, possibly from prior guest pets. Outside had cracked sidewalks, leaves on stairs and balconies, rotting exterior trim, overflowing hottub.
- Breakfast is very basic and ordinary.
- Front desk staff was very young, inexperienced, and not very helpful.

Can't believe this is rated #1 on TripAdvisor for Overland Park. It is clearly an older, dated, worn out property. The room/hotel isn't anything like the pictures and other TripAdvisor reviews make it out. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank CoTravelGuy
Chaseop, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park, responded to this review, January 30, 2010
Dear CoTravelGuy,

I am sorry that your stay was anything but enjoyable. With a staff focused on great customer service and the spacious, newly renovated suites, we hope that all guests leave happy. It seems that we just dropped the ball during your stay.
Thank you for your suggestion on disclosing any changes of service at the time of reservation. Although we had these changes posted at the hotel for our guest to see at check in, I agree that some might have found this information useful when making a reservation.
I hope that the next time you are in the Overland Park area you will contact me directly and give the Chase Suite Hotel another try.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed November 26, 2009

We always travel with our two pugs and are accostomed to staying at a national property because of their pet policy. When the time came to start looking for a place to stay while in the KC metro area, the chain that we normally like was either all booked or quite a distance from where we wanted to be. So, thanks to the magic of the internet, Chase Suites was a recommendation when I typed "Pet Friendly" in search box but of course, I read tripadvisor to see what others were saying. The property got rave reviews from others who had stayed here so the reservation was made online. Christina and I communicated several times by email before our actual arrival. She modified the reservation to include an extra night. Allso when told we would be traveling with the pugs, she gave us a very good incentive as far as a reduction in pet fees to stay there. Upon arrival, it was a smooth check in and the room was more than what we had imagined. We chose to stay in the large suite with two king beds and two bathrooms. The furniture, beds, kitchenette, bathrooms, fridge/freezer, microwave and oven, were all fabulous and quite comfortable and easy to use (appliances). The property and room we were appointed to are situated right next to busy I-435. The traffic noise, although evident outisde, was not at all evident inside the room giving us restful nights' sleep.
The yards are also well maintained showing a staff that takes pride in what they do. We found restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations and shopping nearby. Although we were always on the go, we are sure the breakfast and Manger's reception were just as great as was our room. I'm very sorry I never got to meet Christina in person but she knows that from now on--Chase Hotels will be where we'll hang our "hat up" the next time we're in Kansas City. P/S: The fireplace made for a cozy evening on those nights when the temperature dipped into the 30s.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Jov255,

I too am sorry that we did not have the opportunity to meet. I did enjoy meeting one of the pugs though. I am glad that your experience at the Chase Suite Hotel was enjoyable and am glad that you will be staying with us during your future trips to Overland Park. Next time you travel don't forget to look for a Chase Suite Hotel and remember the pugs are always welcome!
joplin
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Day and Night Staff was very courteous, easy to talk to and extremely helpful. The room was spacious and just enough for my family of 6. Housekeeping does an excellent job providing a clean place to relax. Amenities like the fireplace, kitchen and decor make the place inviting. Rotated breakfast and dinner is so nice because you never have to eat the same thing in the week. Real food, very delicious. Really, a home away from home. I have nothing but good things to say about this place.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
The unique set up of our spacious suites provide all the comforts of home while one the road. We are glad that you enjoyed the complimentary extra's that we provide for our guest.
We look forward to having your family stay the next time you visit the area.
Kansas
Reviewed October 22, 2009

What an excellent staff working here. I have stayed here for the last 3 weeks and these people have always been great to me. They take the time to ask me how my room was every day. I walk in to the lobby and have been greeted every time.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business