“Great Location and Great Service”

Cloverleaf Suites Kansas City
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were in town for my son's wedding and all the out ow town guest stayed at the Chase Suite Hotel. Everyone at the hotel went out of there way to make our stay wonderful. Cendra, Rita, Anton, and the manager of housekeeping, bent backwards to make our stay the most memoriable time and welcome us to there home town. I can not say enough good things, there is just way to many. I spent many nights and days away from home due to my job and never felt so welcomed and at home as I was here. You can tell that everyone that works there enjoys there job. Keep up the good work and if we're ever back in there area I will be staying there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Hello Karen! Nothing makes us happier than knowing when we have met your expectations during your stay at the Chase! I can't talk say enough Great things about the staff, who put their hearts into everything they do. We are glad you, your family, and your friends Enjoyed your time at our hotel! We certainly do look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the area! Thank you for your review and Enjoy your weekend!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Chase is a simple and cheap hotel, what does not mean it is bad. The rooms are spacious and well equipped, but the bed is not that comfortable and at least in my room the curtains was not blocking the light from outside, so a blackout was impossible. In a resume I did not sleep well.
Besides that the room was clean, staff is efficient and friendly. Breakfast is free and good. They have a agreement with a excellent athletic club at a walking distance, what means that you will not have issues with workout.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your response! We love hearing from our guests and are glad you Enjoyed your stay! It can be difficult finding that happy medium when it comes to bed comfort. Should you return to the area, let me know as we do have a couple different bed sizes for your comfort!

We are constantly hearing great things from guests that can't believe how much space they get for sure a great price! We are also glad you were able to enjoy your complimentary access to Midtown Athletic Club. They are a Great facility and their new renovations make the place look brand new! I hope you are enjoying your week, Thanks Again!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our stay Chase Suite Hotel. This hotel is in a great location especially right next to the Overland Park Convention Center! We were presently surprised by the customer service! I agree with the reviewer Aveda913 from below. Anton also helped myself and family feel extremely welcome. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was a delightful perk! Thanks again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rockey816
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

We certainly look forward to your return to the Chase Suite Hotels here in Overland Park! It is refreshing to hear our guest talk about our Great customer service. Our team takes a lot of pride in how they treat their customers as they are their #1 priority! Thank you for your comments, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was pleased with my stay. The rooms were clean, great location, awesome breakfast & lovely customer service.

Anton the front desk manager was so helpful. He gave me some awesome recommendations to wine and dine in the Overland Park area. I stayed at this hotel for a couple of weeks for work purposes. Anton and the other staff made me feel right at home, I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Aveda913

We are Very Happy to hear you Enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return. Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I'm amazed at the poor reviews. Somewhere lower than a Four Seasons but way above a Red Roof Inn, Chase Suites are very good but some people are never happy unless they are complaining. This was our 2nd stay and we'd definitely come back again. The staff is friendly and helpful. The suite was well done with a fully-stocked kitchen including stove and microwave, dishes, silverware, pots & pans, etc. The queen bed was comfortable and we even found the hide-a-bed in the sofa to be comfortable. Plenty of space in the suite. Great breakfast: eggs, sausage, various breads and cereals, granola, yogurt, juices, coffee and 2 kinds of fresh baked muffins. AND pet friendly!

Room Tip: Most of the first floor rooms are handicapped accessible. Some of the rooms even have a fireplace...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you So Very Much for your kind words and comments regarding your recent stay with us! It is great to hear from our repeat guests as many of them continue to use the Chase Suite Hotels time and time again. Should you return this winter, let me know and we will make sure you get a room with a cozy fireplace. Again, Thank You for your review, we look forward to your return!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

When I booked this hotel through Expedia's Unpublished Rate deal, I had a bit of "renter's remorse" after reading the reviews. Since it was non-refundable, I didn't really have much of a choice.
Upon arrival around 2:00 am, we got the room ready and transferred the kids (3 1/2 and 1 1/2) from the minivan to our room in building 10, which is right on the interstate. Well, it was bad enough at 2am, but by rush hour, it seemed as though the interstate went right through our room.
First thing after waking up, I went to the desk clerk prepared to argue (based on some of the reviews I'd read) and was surprised that she was more than happy to accommodate us and found a room on the opposite side of the property.
Our new room had two issues. First, the toilet seat was loose and felt as though it was on a swivel. Second, the fold out bed was broken to the point that it could not be used. I notified the housekeeping supervisor of both issues (separately) and literally within 5 minutes, my issues were solved. For the couch, she grabbed the front desk clerk and together, they removed my broken couch and replaced it with another because the maintenance staff was unavailable. I noticed they were struggling with the couch because of it's size and tried to help, but she wouldn't let me near it.
The breakfast has a bit to be desired, but it's not really any worse than a similar type hotel. It would be nice to add a waffle or pancake machine though.
The pool was a bit small, but a wonderful break for the kids. It's not heated, so I felt it was cold but my kids didn't seem to mind. Another nice thing about this hotel is the courtyard. They have several tables, a gazebo and from what I remember 3-4 charcoal grills that I wish we'd had the time to use.
On the bad side, I have to agree with some of the negative comments too. I learned that Chase acquired this property some 15 years ago. That being said, I don't think there is any excuse for the condition of the property. The kitchens are outdated, the stairwells are in desperate need of repair and instead of painting over the exterior for the 15th time, they should probably strip all the old stuff away and start from scratch.
In their defense, they were making some repairs, but it seems like they're just putting a band aid on the problem rather than repairing it. Apparently, there were some broken concrete stairs. Instead of replacing them all, they are replacing the bad ones with wood (that appear to be scrap because of their varying thickness).
Instead of cleaning the carpet, they need to replace it. Some are stained (our neighbor's was stained with magic marker) and will never be "clean".

Room Tip: Stay away from building 10 if you're a light sleeper or want to sleep in. It is right off of th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! We can certainly use each and every one of your comments as we continue and strive to grow! Feel free to shoot me an email if you want to discuss them in more detail at wswan@chasesuitehotels.com. I am glad you had the opportunity to see our teamwork firsthand. We have a Great team here at the Chase Suites in Overland Park, each of whom provide top-notch customer service! Should you return to Overland Park for that "longer stay", please let us know. We would love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here as a central meeting place with friends from Washington State . We are from Florida. After reading other reviews , I am confused. This place was well kept and had very comfortable beds. We received free breakfast and snacks and drinks in the evening. It was a townhouse with 2 kings and 2 baths with full kitchen very roomy and pet friendly. This was a great value for us. Would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the highway as the traffic gets loud.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Good Afternoon! Thank you for your response! We are glad you were able to have a Relaxing vacation with your friends! We look forward to your return next time you are in town. Enjoy the rest of your week and Thank You again!