“Last minute booking... NEVER AGAIN!”

Cloverleaf Suites Kansas City
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Booked a last minute trip to Kansas City and needed a room. The Staff at this property were great, that is the only reason I am giving them a two. The rooms are very outdated. The room seemed very MOIST... It had a certain 'old' smell. The layout of the room is nice. You get a full kitchen. My BIGGEST problem of the stay was that there was a mouse in the wall of the unit we were staying in. It definitely was not the wind blowing, scratching noise and sporadic movements. We were staying on the top floor so the rodent was probably in the crawl space of the building. After driving from MCI to Overland Park I was too tired to notify management of the issue. The area around the hotel is great. Lots of food/shopping options. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your response! If you are able, can you please contact me to discuss your room details? Since you were unable to contact us regarding your issues while you were here at the hotel, I would love to make sure these items are corrected for any future guests! Thank you again, I look forward to hearing from you!

There are newer reviews for Cloverleaf Suites Kansas City

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The price and the people that work there are very nice. That is it. The hotel itself is "VERY" outdated and has issues. It the rooms smell old and musty. The first night the toilet overflowed all over the bath room and had mosquitoes in the room. The sewer is also leaking out in parking lot and lawn. Like I said the price is good along with the staff, but the hotel is in pretty bad shape. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor because if you don't, you seems the people above you are going to...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your honest and candid feedback! I apologize that our service did not meet your expectations. It is through comments such as yours that we can review our practices and provide training opportunities for our staff. Thank you for bringing the water leak to my attention, it looks like we had a sprinkler head break which was causing some water in the lawn and parking lot. I hope we were able to help with your toilet clogging, it can be frustrating when this happens at home and when you are away! I will make sure the staff is aware of your kind words about them! They do work very hard to make sure all of our guests are taken care of. Should you have any other questions or comments, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Not being overly familiar with this brand, I was unsure of what to expect but was pleasantly surprised by this property for my 1 night visit in the area to visit family. I had a Studio Queen Suite and found it to be lovely when I walked in the first time, quite clean and nicely appointed. I did not need all of that space for myself or the kitchen that came with it, but still was nice to be able to have those if I wanted to purchase any treats for later. The lobby area was warm and welcoming and there was a small pool and hot tub but the courtyard area looked to be very nice place with grills and tables and flowers! Overall I found this hotel to be very homey! Maybe even moreso then my own apartment complex honestly. It was convenient to I-435 as well as many restaurants, etc. It is across the street from the convention center as well I noticed. The rates were quite decent, even low, for all that you get with breakfast and evening appetizers and drinks. It was bright and pretty, well maintained despite its age. There were a few small things easy to overlook in the room in my opinion that you can encounter at even the most upscale, luxury hotels for quadruple the price.

I stayed at 4 different hotels on this weekend roadtrip over 3 states and would definitely return to the Chase again which cannot be said of some of the others unfortunately.

Room Tip: I would presume a room further from the Interstate would be best.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Pleasantly Surprised! We Love it! Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in Overland Park. We are Glad that you Enjoyed your stay! Looking forward to your return!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed three nights this past week. This Suite hotel is seriously lacking in amenites. The hotel needs updating as it looks like it is straight out of the 1980's. Do not plan on having anything there at the hotel. The nightly food is BAD. First night was rolled up lunch meat and wheat bread. Thank goodness for the 1 beer you get so you can wash it down! Breakfast was the same way eggs and more eggs along with cold ceral. Rooms still have old 13 inch tube TV's. Bath room had mold and toilet had to be flushed twice every time just to go down. Would not recomend staying here as there are much better choices in KC!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Good Morning! It is important for me to first "Thank You" for taking time out of your busy day to comment about your stay. I have notated your in-room comments and our maintenance tech is currently on his way to make sure your restroom issues have been taken care of. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our Complimentary breakfast and evening social. You were able to partake in a social (Cold Cut Sandwiches), that was actually suggested by one of our guests! Taco Tuesday is still an all-time favorite, along with our Cook-Out Wednesdays, where we serve hot dogs and hamburgers until 7:00pm. We continue to work on renovations as we update our hotel daily! We would love to have you back at the Chase Suite Hotel in Overland Park to make things right with you. We never want to see our guests leave unhappy. Please feel free to reach out to me and we can discuss your stay in more detail! Enjoy you Weekend!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I originally stayed at Chase because it was close to the HQ of a company I was interviewing for whose offices were located on the Sprint "campus." I lucked up and got the job, so I needed a place to stay, as did my wife and quickly because our house sold faster than we had expected. I moved from a perfectly adequate one-bedroom suite with bath and kitchen with full-size appliances, including microwave and dishwasher, to a two-bedroom "town home" style suite (upstairs/downstairs.) We're in a nice 2-br condo now, but I really miss the second full bathroom, and the extra flat screen tv we had at Chase. The staff was outstanding and went out of their way to accommodate us (by putting us away from the weekenders with pool noise and cookouts,) to continuing to hold our mail and forward it to us from time to time until we got settled. With the generous breakfasts (frequently including bacon and/or sausage) to the bottomless pot of free coffee, to the afternoon "managers'" get together in the common room with wine and all the snacks there (cheese, crackers, Taco Tuesdays, Weiner Wednesdays, it's almost possible to live there and only buy lunch and weekend meals). There's maid service when you want it and not when you don't, and an actual high-speed wireless internet connection that doesn't crash and burn half the time as in other places I've stayed too much. Walker Swann (head honcho) and Anton Tops (2nd in command) make sure they attend to whatever maintenance or administrative issues there might be asap; Though few, there weren't any issues I brought to their attention that I didn't see them write out a maintenance slip for and have resolved promptly. During the months we were there, they were constantly upgrading the facilities, from the pool area, to a/c units, to internet service, etc. Since then, I've stayed at other Chase venues, though not for as long, and I've been similarly pleased. I strongly recommend this place, especially if you've got anything going on at the Sprint facility. Oh, I almost forgot Rita and the shuttle service; excellent.

Room Tip: Just keep in mind whether or not you want to be close to the pool and outdoor common area, because t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank johnathann m

Hello Johnathann! Thank You for all of your Great comments! I know for certain that each one of us at the Chase Suite Hotel Enjoyed getting to know you both! We look forward to when we can catch up again! Continue to keep in touch, after all, you are now part of the Chase Suite Hotel Family! PS - Your mail is on its way!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Nice suite for families. The kitchen and bathroom are seriously outdated and needs to be remodeled. The hotel is really cheap with quality shampoo and toiletries. I saw some fixtures that need repairs. The hotel staff is very cordial. Great place to stay for a few days.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 1st floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent hotel stay! Our staff takes pride in their superior customer service and I am glad you made note of them being cordial! I will be sure to pass it along to them! We cater to many different guest stays from one night to monthly visits, glad you were able to stay a few days. Again, Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is very run down. Great staff and clean, but everything seems old an worn out. We stayed here for the extra space for kids and it is nice to have, including green space outside for play. Breakfast was really dismal. No juice of any kind.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Anna G

Good Afternoon! Thank you for responding regarding your recent stay at our property! As we continue to work on improvements and renovations, it is refreshing to see that guests enjoy our spacious suites and extra outdoor space (which is not like your typical hotel). I have spoken with our guest services manager, and unfortunately our juice machine was out of commission during your stay. By the time we were able to run to the store to purchase more juice for our guests, you must have already been gone. I am happy to announce the machine is Up and running and serving two juice options daily!