“Comparable to pricier options for extended stay”

Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
North Houston, Texas
“Comparable to pricier options for extended stay”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is not a fancy extended stay suite hotel but is quite impressive. The size of the studio in which we stayed was decent. The bathroom was in an area that felt separated from the living space, a concept we liked. The kitchen was a good size and was stocked with basic cooking tools and pots and pans. The staff was quite nice too. The surroundings are good, lots of restaurants and stores in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in Overland Park! I am glad you Enjoyed your spacious suite and it's layout! Each one of our kitchens is equipped with service and cooking utensils for four! Looking forward to having you back should you be in the Overland Park area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

I found this Gem after staying nearby earlier in the year. While it doesn't have an exercise room ( you get a free pass to go to the club down the street) it was a very nice stay and plan to be there on my next trip to KC. If I had to pick one thing to improve it would be the security of the door, it looks like the door has swelled from rain or the sprinklers and doesn't quite shut well, but I didn't have an issue with it.

• Stayed August 2012
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you Kindly for your Generous words regarding our hotel! I am Glad you Enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you in the future! I will be sure to get with my Chief Engineer to check out the door. Be sure to check out our website for future promotions to help you save when you stay! Enjoy the rest of your week!
georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This place was great. Large duplex style 2 room suites with kitchen and living room. Perfect! Nice pool, free breakfast, and at night they have a happy hour with food and drinks also free! Would come back here anytime. Friendly, helpful staff. Well maintained grounds.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Good Afternoon!
It's always Great to see when our guests Enjoy their stay here at the Chase Suite Hotels! I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff as they truly work hard and are dedicated to making your stay a memorable one! Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again!
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Room was very large, private, clean, and did not feel like you typical hotel room. Needless to say it was great value for price paid. I have stayed at nicer however you will not go wrong booking a room here.

Room Tip: Great Value
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey M
Thank you Very Much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are glad you Enjoyed your stay! We take pride on the fact that we are like no other hotel with our Spacious suites and Private Entrances; Great to see you like them as well! We hope to see you again in the future!
Chesterfield, MO
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Booked on Hotwire at a great rate. Bonus was breakfast at no charge (varied selections) and happy hour/casual dinner at no charge. Shuttle service to stores/restaurants in area available to those without cars. Disadvantages: entire property is located close to interstate, and my room was in the building right next to it, so noise was a factor. Vertical blinds had seen better days, so light filtered in early morning; reported this on 2nd day, but if in fact an attempt was made to repair them, I didn't see any improvement.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Melanie E
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Good Afternoon,
Thank You for recently posting a response regarding your recent stay at our hotel! I am glad to see you were able to take advantage of both the complimentary breakfast and social hour! You also mentioned our complimentary shuttle which takes our guests within a 5 mile radius to restaurants, shopping, and points of interest. I hope you were able to utilize it as well! I will personally see to it that the blinds in your room are taken care of so any future guests don't experience the same issue you had. Thank you again for your "Good Value for the Money" comments! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Walker Swan
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This place is quite a contrast in customer service and room quality. This is an old Marriott Residence Inn that needed refurbishing a looong time ago. The outside stairs are part wood part concrete. The board on the landing are sticking up enough to trip over and there are cigarette butts stuck between the boards.The paint on the fascia is flaking off, the pool is covered and the cover is filled with dirt. The rooms are very dated and the kitchen is not well stocked. The whole place needs a big overhaul! I would not stay there again. Now, the contrast I was talking about......The staff here is REALLY nice! The lady that checked us in was the most helpful front desk clerk I have run into. I asked for directions from another one and they almost went with us in the car. They were truly wonderful people. Either Chase needs to overhaul this place or those people need to apply for work at another hotel!

Room Tip: The hotel is situated between the freeway and a 4 land road. Get an inside unit to somewhat reduce t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Wilbur P
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Good Morning!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel! We appreciate any feedback and strive to fix any issues you may have had while you were here with us.
You will be very happy to know that all of our exterior staircases will be receiving updates (3 buildings are already completed!) within the next couple of months and our outdoor swimming pool will be open within the week. It certainly has been difficult keeping leaves and other debri off of the pool cover, especially with the recent storms and rain we have been having.
Each one of our kitchens is equipped with dishes, silverware, and cooking utensils for four individuals. I do apologize if your room did not have our required items. I will personally make sure I inspect your room to see that those items are stocked according to our standard!
I would certainly have to agree with you in regards to our Staff! They are top-notch and Every Single One of them cares greatly about our property! I will be sure to share your comments with them as we work together to make sure future guest stays are Enjoyable.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with me, Enjoy your Mother's Day Weekend!

Walker Swan
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I'm always happy when my travels take me to Chase Suites in Overland Park. From the friendly greeting on check-in to the trouble free check-out, I enjoy my stay. I always have the feel of being at some lake side resort yet having the convenience of the city. The food is always good the rooms always very clean, comfy bed...it's just great.

Room Tip: Every room I've stayed in had a real working fire-place. Complete kitchen set-up
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Geotreo
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Good Evening Geotreo,
I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of my staff! We too like to consider ourselves a lakeside resort; our unique property is certainly not your ordinary hotel! Now that Spring has arrived, all the trees and flowers are starting to bloom! It looks Beautiful, we are Excited to share it with you and our other guests! Looking forward to having you back! Don't hesitate to call ahead of time with any special requests.