“An island of calm”

Cloverleaf Suites Kansas City
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed November 15, 2011

This place is far different from most big-city hotels; it has a residential atmosphere, pleasant amenities, and the room was comfortable and quiet. I have stayed here before, and will do so again, as I travel a good bit. I am utterly incredulous at Sean P's disparaging review -surely not the same place - and if it was SO terrible, why did he stay there 2 weeks instead of finding a place to his liking across the street???

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark K
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Good Evening Mark K,
"An island of Calm" - What a Great way to put it! I'm glad to see that you Enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your feedback and kind words, it is certainly appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Walker Swan

Reviewed November 3, 2011

I recently stayed one night at Chase Suites in Building 14.

When I entered the lobby, I was greeted promptly and check-in was efficient. Although check-in is not officially until 3:00 p.m., my room was ready when I arrived at 1:00 p.m.

Upon entering the room, the door seemed as if as though it wouldn't "catch" so I had to double-check to be sure the door was closed properly when entering/exiting. I contacted the hotel today about the door, their housekeeper had already notified maintenance.

The room itself was a "Queen Suite" - very spacious with a full kitchen, black appliances & a fireplace. A flat-screen TV on a swivel base made it convenient to watch TV from the bedroom or living room. The room was VERY clean, however, I didn't like the feel of the carpet - no pile whatsoever. I found the bed to be comfortable and the property was quiet which made for a nice night's sleep. The digital temperature controls kept the room comfortable. I found the amenities satisfactory - the hotel provides hand soap, 1 bar of bath soap, shampoo & lotion (SPA green).

As a "green" property, for those on an "extended" stay, the hotel changes the sheets/towels every 4th day, but "freshens" the room daily.

The best things about this hotel are it's staff, location and all rooms are suites. It's very close to restaurants, entertainment, the Overland Park Convention Center and many corporations (for the business traveler).

For the purposes of my stay, I would DEFINITELY stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in Building 14 - steps away from well-lit parking lot!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KCJazznBBQ
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stayed at the Chase Suites for almost two weeks for work related travel (Oct. 3 - Oct. 14, 2011). I was already concerned after seeing some of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Those concerns were confirmed upon check in.
The hotel appears to be an old Marriott Residence Inn that was purchased and renamed. The buildings are in poor condition, with visible rust on the stairs, unswept entrance ways, and deteriorated trim. I stayed in room 1211 and the bottom part of the door was almost rusted all the way through. You could have probably kicked it in. Inside, the room is nicely appointed, however everything is OLD! It did have a refirgerator, microwave, stove, and dishwasher. The carpet was absolutely filthy. I would not walk on it barefooted. I found three roaches in the room and several spiders. I would not sit on the couch in the room it was so dirty. The bed appeared nice at first glance, but upon closer inspection the sheets were totally unacceptable. They were torn, poorly fitting, and threadbare. I would not have used these sheets as a beach blanket. The bath amenities were sparse, consisting only of soap and shampoo. The towels were very cheap and of poor quality for a commercial grade linen.
The daily maid service was unnacceptable. The first day they neglected to clean my room. The remaining days they did make the bed, changed the sheets every 4th day, and replenished the towels, but that was it. I know they did not vacuum. I left a leaf on the floor just to see if they did and it never moved.
I would describe the complimentary breakfast as meager. A bowl of cereal and some cold eggs were about it. I never attended the nightly manager's reception, however I did see it walking through the lobby one evening. It consisted of hot dogs and tortilla chips.
The best thing about the hotel was that they offered complimentary passes to the Midtown Athletic Club two blocks away. That facility was beautiful.
The staff were generally friendly and helpul. But,their demeanor and professionalism did not make up for the overall poor condition of this facility.
There were also major safety concerns. Each room has its own individual, outside entry. The grounds are not well lit and trees create many shadows at night. One night several men who were drinking heavily made innapropriate comments toward a female coworker. Another day the cleaning staff forgot to close one of my coworker's room doors and it was left open all day.
I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone. It was dirty, unsafe, and not worth the money at any price.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Sean P
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Chase Suite Hotel is one of the best values in the area. The suites are arranged in apartment fashion so you feel like you are in a homey apartment complex instead of a hotel. The Queen suites include a large bathroom, living area, and kitchen. The friendly staff provides breakfast every morning and happy hour in the evenings. When you purchase tickets online you can often get a "buy three get one night free" package. I highly recommend Chase Suite Hotel!

Room Tip: I liked having a room on the first floor. I could pull my car right up to the room and only lug my...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank AmandaD77
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The room was well stocked and very clean. The internet service was fast and always working. Loved the pool and the morning breakfast. The location is great as well. In all I had a great stay, the staff was very helpful and I would stay again without a doubt

Room Tip: I thought Building 1 had great rooms and located close to the pool and main lobby
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My family and I recently were in Kansas Ctiy KS for a last minute trip before school started. We had chosen to stay at Chase Suites in Overland Park. We had made the reservations 1 month prior and even called the week before to see if they had availability for another day, which they said yes. Upon arriving, I was told that the hotel was over booked and that they made another reservation for us at another hotel, which was nice. I asked that the manager call so I could speak to them directly to find out exactly what happened. I was told that the general manager would call me back the next day, which of course, didn't happened. I was told by the manager that the reason why our reservation was moved was due to some maintenance that the corporate office said they could do, but we were told by the front desk, it was due to over booking. My husband called again and asked for the general manager, but was told they were in a meeting and would call back, which didn't happen. I kind of felt I had the run around and when I'm traveling in Kansas City, I won't go back to the Chase Suites, but instead will stay at Homewood Suites, which is where our reservaction was made.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We could not have asked for more with this place - the suite we stayed in had a full kitchen, living room, big bathroom, king bed and a large flat screen tv. Along with a nice room, the staff was friendly, pool was nice....we highly recommend Chase Suites and we would definitely stay here again. Overall, it's a great value.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple