“Descent place to stay that could be better.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park

Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Overland Park
KY
“Descent place to stay that could be better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Pros:

- All suite (full kitchen, fridge, etc.).
- Good location (near corporate complex).
- Very good price (Hotwire 3-star).
- Very spacious.
- Balcony.
- Flat screen TV.
- Free parking.
- Continental breakfast.

Cons:

- Contemporary furniture but older buildings.
- One of our rooms was smelly (spoiled food?).
- Not the usual toiletries (only offered lotion).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Read about this place on Trip Advisor. Made the reservation on line and could not have asked for a better deal. It was so reasonable that I was a little concerned that it was not be in a good area or would be a dump. It was is a good location, is older but not that dated and a number of other hotels in the area provided eating and entertainment options. Pool and hot tub seemed very small (closed for the winter) but a nice courtyard if weather had permitted for sitting outside.Staff was very friendly and the complimentary breakfast bar they offered had many more options than I have experienced at Hilton chains. Will stay again when I visit family.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank HappyFeet06
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I booked this hotel through Hotwire, thinking I was getting a great deal on a 3 star hotel. I was disappointed and it was not a 3 star at all in my opinion. The pros: It was in a great central location near shopping, restaurants, and highways. The staff was extremely nice. The bed was very comfortable and the full kitchen was a plus. The cons: It is an old apartment complex converted to hotel rooms. All the entrances are outside which is not something I expected from a 3 star hotel (per Hotwire). The walk from the parking lot to the room was very dark, walking past several buildings to get to ours. The room itself was ok, a little outdated, and a small flatscreen tv that was kind of far away from the bed. All the rooms had patios with sliding glass doors. They had verticle blinds covering them and they did not shut all the way so if you got at the right angle you could see into the room from outside. No curtains. We had to hang up a blanket over the blinds so we people could not see in and that only helped a little. Since there were no curtains, as soon as the sun rose, it was blindingly bright in the room. The heater was VERY loud and woke me up several times throughout the night. Overall, not what I would expect from a supposed 3 star hotel and I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our two sons (a 6 and 9 year old). We were 25 minutes away from everything! Its located in a beautiful community and in all of my family travels I have never found a hotel this accomadating! The entire family enjoyed it! The room was very clean, all appliances worked well (even the ice maker and dishwasher!) The beds were so comfortable! I usually don't sleep we'll the first night at a hotel but with this bed I was fast asleep! We stayed in the king loft suite and my boys loved having their own upstairs area! And my husband and I enjoyed the privacy of our own downstairs bedroom! The only negative to our room was if we had too many lights on and ran the microwave, we would blow a fuse, irritating, but we learned to live with it during our one week stay! I will stay at the Chase Suites again. I initially chose this hotel for price (91.20/night with the special they were running) and size, but now I will choose it out of priority! I have never written a hotel review, never found a hotel that stood out enough for me to take my time writing one! I gladly write an amazing review for this hotel!

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank mamabree
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

It's an apartment complex converted to hotel lodging...prices are good especially for the studio layouts. We've stayed both in the studio room and a two bedroom and enjoyed them both. They both have a full kitchen but are lacking in supplies - only 2-3 sets of silverware, no dish soap and limited pots/pans. I would suggest bringing some extra cooking utensils if you plan on an extended stay with in room dining. Suburb location is convenient, only a block south of the 435 interstate. Hotel staff is friendly. During weekdays, their full breakfast is very good. They offer a continental on the weekends. We did not have any problems with noise at all during either stay.

They give free access to a fitness club a few hundred yards down the street as well as free wireless internet access (I did not have a need for it so I can't comment on the connection strength). Parking is free.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ArkansasSteelCityFan
Maumelle, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

We stayed here for three nights in December. We chose this hotel because it offered a suite with two king size beds, two full baths, full kitchen and living area. They were running a special of stay two nights get the third free so this suite cost only $76 a night!! Unbelievable price for the KC area. The rooms were comfortable and the space was that of an apartment rather than a hotel room. I can't say enough about the beds!! The beds were simply awesome!!!! It was a cold weekend and the beds were so comfy that I just wanted to snuggle down and stay there!
The hotel staff was very friendly. Hotel lobby was very warm and welcoming as were the staff that was on duty. It felt like they were expecting us and we were the only ones they were waiting for that evening. That was a nice welcome. I had requested extra pillows and there were FOUR on the bed waiting for us.
The only down side was that there was no logs, wood or fake, in the fireplace. This was not a big deal because we didn't spend that much time in the living room. I didn't call the desk to ask about it either, so I can't complain.
The hotel is not new, but it was very clean, comfortable and functional. The decor is showing wear and tear, but is well maintained.
We will be back to stay whenever we are in the KC area in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

We chose this hotel because it provided the accomodations we were looking for - a 2 bedroom unit with a full kitchen. Plus the price was awesome. They were offering a "Black Friday" special for $90. Where can you go and get that type of room for under $100. We often meet our close friends from Oklahoma in Kansas City and this provided the perfect home away from home for us. We had cocktails and cooked our dinner in so we did not have to fight the restaurants crowds nor drive so we could enjoy our social time together.

The room was very clean and the beds were great. The hotel had complimentary wireless internet, which worked great. The hotel definitely has some age on it, but if it is clean, we didn't mind. The breakfast area was very nice and the breakfast was very good. It had the usual fare with a hot entree. On the morning we were there, it was biscuits and gravy.

I would also like to compliment the hotel on Walker, the front desk gentleman.. He was very friendly and accomodating. Since we were eating in, he worked hard to accomodate us with a couple of extra chairs and followed up to make sure maintenance delivered them.

As I stated previously, this property has some age on it, but I believe our society sometimes places too much importance on that. The hotel is in a great location, the prices are affordable, the rooms are very clean, and the staff is very friendly. Thanks to Chase Suites for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends