Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Overland Park/Metcalf(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$104
Comfort Inn+ Suites - Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$95
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$109
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
$105
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$100
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$113
All reviewslocation is excellentconference centerhome away from homeweekend staypleasant staycleanlinessrateshighwaycloset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2008

I usually have to travel to Overland Park a few times a year for business. This was my first stay at the Homestead Suites. This is really a great hotel if you are on a budget. Since there was a giant convention in town the week I was there, the hotel I usually stay at was fully booked, so I gave this one a try.

For only $60 I got a King size bed and a kitchen as well. Althought the rooms felt a little cheap, the bed was good, the room was clean and the front desk was helpful. On the other hand, the bathroom has soap and toilet paper, no shampoo, lotion etc..

There is also no one at the front desk late at night. I'm sure someone is there if you need them (at least I hope) but when I rolled in at midnight the front desk area was shut down.

Long story short, if you want a clean basic place, and you need to make a pizza in your room at 1 am, then this is for you. Just bring your own toothpaste to get the cheese out of our teeth.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DSchrute
Reviewed February 11, 2008

We wanted a suite type room with some space and a kitchen - but, we weren't prepared for NO clean towels, unless you went down to the desk to get them, no hair dryer - unless you got it from the front desk, and NO daily room service. This is great IF you prefer all this, and it would not have been too bad IF the desk didn't have such great "Bankers Hours." It was nice, clean, secure... but these were fall backs.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed January 11, 2008

Above average for your typical Homestead. Interior corridors. Plentiful parking. Extremely clean and well maintained. Staff very helpful. Wireless internet was available for an additional $5.99/stay. Hair dryers available at the front desk. Plentiful kitchen supplies (utensils, cups, bowls).

Conveniently located off I-435. No restaurants/fast food places within walking distances.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 26, 2004

It is conveniently located in central Overland Park. The place is clean and the customer service is very good. I've seen many places that are far worse. On a good note, there are plenty of parking and free guests access to Bally Fitness nearby.

It is close to hwy 435 which runs east/west and there is a Price Chopper nearby.

24 hours clerk available to help you for your late checkin.

Discounted price if you stay beyond 7 nights.

Nice big counter in the bathroom. Furniture is new.

For $40/night, you can't go wrong.

Cheerios.

• Stayed: September 2004, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed July 13, 2004

This place was terrible. They do not have a 24 hour check-in desk. When I arrived at 11PM to to check-in, the lobby doors were locked and the check-in desk had one of the roll down metal blind things pulled down on it. There was a phone outside the doors to contact someone. I woke someone up and they came and gave me a key to a room. The room I was given smelled like dog crap. This place allows pets. I had reserved a non-smoking room. The toilet did not flush. I had to sleep in the foul smelling room for one night. It also appeared to have drunks and vagrants staying in the place. I did not feel safe there at all. The very next morning, I got up and went down to the front desk which was now open and complained about the room. The desk clerk said that they do not have any other rooms available right now but they will later that day and I should pack my things and leave them in my current room and the staff will move my luggage to the new room. So, I did this and left for work. When I came back to the Homestead, that evening after work, I checked with the front desk to see where my new room was and to get my new key. I was told that my things had not been moved and that they had no more rooms available. Finally after arguing with the manager, I was given a smoking room. This room smelled much better (still stunk from smoke but did not smell like dog crap). After staying in the room for a while, I noticed that the room was full of fleas. They were biting me. I immediately made arrangements on my own to stay somewhere else and checked out of this place. The manager did nothing to compensate me nor did they even apologize. My advice is to avoid this place at all costs!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member