“Quaint, Clean and Fresh”

Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had NO ISSUES for staying with this newly rebranded Extended Stay (formally Home-Suites, or something of that nature...it's a sister brand to them). We were in town for a wedding and many of the hotels in this area and for this quality were competitive, so I went out on a ledge and tried booking Priceline for the very first time. With luck, I ended up with THIS hotel for a rate below $45! It was just myself, my husband and toddler in a King Room. Kitchen was nice to have (though we never used it over than the fridge - and with a baby, THIS IS A MUST).

The linens were clean, the bed was comfy, the older TV was fine (though not too many stations). Plenty of room, shower pressure was awesome.

Just about 2 miles down (away from the interstate) there was shopping and eating places that kept you stocked or fed. :)

Easy check-in, the girls were quick.

The grab-go breakfast was just that: something to grab on the go. They had quaker breakfast bars, coffee with an assortment of creamers, tea, oatmeal, fruit... simple and that was it.

It was my first time at an Extended Stay, so it was a good experience. Thanks!

Room Tip: Long hallways with no outlet, so if you have any handicaps, pregnant, etc... get a room near the doo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you found the bed in your room to be comfortable and that the refrigerator came in handy for you during your stay. As well, it is great to hear that you enjoyed our location, our grab-and-go breakfast and the water pressure in your shower.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great location and very courteous staff. Very clean room and excellent maid service. Would definitely stay again. My experience was very good. I was not troubled by any smoke smells in the hotel, the only smell was of cooked meals in the evening and this appeared to be taken care of by an application of Air Freshener most nights. a very good place to stay with good pricing.

Room Tip: I choose a King Deluxe which was great for me.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Christopher - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that our location worked for you and also that our staff was courteous. I am sorry that there was a slight odor in your room of food that was cooked within the hotel; however, I am glad we were able to correct this issue in a timely manner.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I thought my room was excellent, great TV, clean room, and well maintained. I would certainly go back. Good value for my rate. Location is easy on and off of the I-435 Loop. It was a nice quiet place, and I would go back. They are even pet friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Michael - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that your room was excellent and that you were satisfied with the cleanliness throughout our hotel. I'm also very happy to hear that you enjoyed the fact that we are pet friendly and close to the 435 highway.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The entire place reeked of cigarette smoke, from the entrance all the way to my room, despite being a completely non-smoking hotel. There were other funky odors as well, and a stain on the bed sheet. Also, no hair dryer, so be prepared. I won't be going back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Angie M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Angie - The staff and I have read your comments about your stay with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that the hotel had a slight smoke odor. Since the entire city of Overland Park is non-smoking, we will work to educate our guests of this rule to prevent this from happening in the future. In addition, since we do not offer hairdryers in our guest rooms, I will work with our staff on offering guests this item at check-in moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at ovp@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Great location in Overland Park. Janine at the front desk was courteous, professional, and very pleasant. I booked through a Priceline Express Deal and was very pleased with the value. I hope to stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013

Jeff - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel. I'm also very pleased to hear that the staff at the front desk were professional and pleasant.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Overall a bad experience. Bathroom was dirty, no toilet paper, no trash cans, TV was fuzzy, refrigerator didn't work. The sofa couch did not have any sheets and the mattress was dirty. Overall, the rooms don't appear to be very well maintained.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rick H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Rick - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your room was not properly stocked with the proper amenities. This is not typical for our hotel and I will work with our staff to ensure this does not happen in the future.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ovp@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel is a disappointment. They do not clean up the rooms or supply towels after 6-7 days. I was not aware of this . The midnight front desk staff was friendly, but the day staff was not pleasant. The rooms are old and dirty. The water pressure is low. Check the mattress for bed bugs. They need to tear down this hotel and build a new one. The housekeeping staff is lazy. I checked out on June 2nd, and I am staying at the Hyatt Place located next door. I rather spend more money for happiness and a clean room. I will warn my friends not to stay at this dump.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean W

Jean - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that our rooms are not satisfactory and our day staff was not pleasant. To uphold our company's high standards, we will make sure to do a better job in our inspections of guestrooms prior to a guests arrival.

I have also spoken with the front desk staff about their interactions with the guest. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ovp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.