Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The entire place reeked of cigarette smoke, from the entrance all the way to my room, despite being a completely non-smoking hotel. There were other funky odors as well, and a stain on the bed sheet. Also, no hair dryer, so be prepared. I won't be going back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Angie M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Angie - The staff and I have read your comments about your stay with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that the hotel had a slight smoke odor. Since the entire city of Overland Park is non-smoking, we will work to educate our guests of this rule to prevent this from happening in the future. In addition, since we do not offer hairdryers in our guest rooms, I will work with our staff on offering guests this item at check-in moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at ovp@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Great location in Overland Park. Janine at the front desk was courteous, professional, and very pleasant. I booked through a Priceline Express Deal and was very pleased with the value. I hope to stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013

Jeff - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel. I'm also very pleased to hear that the staff at the front desk were professional and pleasant.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Overall a bad experience. Bathroom was dirty, no toilet paper, no trash cans, TV was fuzzy, refrigerator didn't work. The sofa couch did not have any sheets and the mattress was dirty. Overall, the rooms don't appear to be very well maintained.

1  Thank RickH682
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Rick - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your room was not properly stocked with the proper amenities. This is not typical for our hotel and I will work with our staff to ensure this does not happen in the future.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ovp@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel is a disappointment. They do not clean up the rooms or supply towels after 6-7 days. I was not aware of this . The midnight front desk staff was friendly, but the day staff was not pleasant. The rooms are old and dirty. The water pressure is low. Check the mattress for bed bugs. They need to tear down this hotel and build a new one. The housekeeping staff is lazy. I checked out on June 2nd, and I am staying at the Hyatt Place located next door. I rather spend more money for happiness and a clean room. I will warn my friends not to stay at this dump.

1  Thank Jean W

Jean - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that our rooms are not satisfactory and our day staff was not pleasant. To uphold our company's high standards, we will make sure to do a better job in our inspections of guestrooms prior to a guests arrival.

I have also spoken with the front desk staff about their interactions with the guest. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ovp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Was very disappointed to find that there are no ice machines in the building. The refrigerators did not have ice makers, but they were "generous" enough to provide ONE tiny ice tray that produced maybe 24 1" inch cubes. That doesn't go very far when you have a family staying. There are no hair dryers provided in the rooms. Our shower curtain had mold all along the bottom. The Grab-n-Go breakfast consisted of a tiny cabinet with muffins, granola bars, apples/oranges and oatmeal. Coffee/tea only - no juice or milk. No sugar packets either - just artificial sweetener. Pretty skimpy. Plus, there was a piece of bread lying in the hall way floor when we checked in. It was still there 24 hours later, even though the housekeeping cart was sitting 6 feet from it. No one bothered to pick it up.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The level of cleanliness in your room as well as in the hallway you described is unacceptable. I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response, I am speaking with the entire staff so we can improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. Also, I want to apologize for there not being a hairdryer in the room. This is something that should have been offered to you at check-in.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ovp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We request an accessible room so that stepping in and out of the shower is safer, but we do not require the seating installed. Nevertheless, I wonder about the comfort of those who must use the seat in order to shower because the shower wand, usually removable from its post on high in order to facilitate cleaning and rinsing was wrapped tightly in place with electrical tape so it could not be removed. Furthermore, the water pressure was so dialed back that anyone would have to stand directly under it in order to rinse. I pity the person who cannot stand to shower. We stayed at this hotel two consecutive weekends after our preferred hotel was unable to accommodate us. On the first weekend we found one small hand soap in place but no bath bar. When we asked for a bath bar, we were told the hotel was completely out and given two small shampoo/conditioner bottles in lieu of bath soap. On the second weekend, we had no soap whatsoever. When I mentioned the surprising lack of a hair blow dryer, the hotel apologized for not offering one at check-in, but the second weekend, the clerk remained mute once more about a blow dryer. There was no facial tissue or complimentary shampoo, hand cream, etc. on the second weekend. The grab-and-go breakfast is adequate, the beds comfortable, and the rooms cleaned reasonably well, but cutting back on very inexpensive items suggests the site and/or the parent company is making Draconian cuts in order to survive when those nice touches (amenities) are what brings people back time after time. We won't be going back because the hotel seems to be in a state of decline.

Room Tip: Pack facial tissue, shampoo, blow dryer, bath soap, and paper/plastic ware because the kitchen is no...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am excited to read your remarks about the level of cleanliness in your room, how comfortable you found our bedding to be and that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast. However, I am very sorry that we did not offer you additional soaps or any of our other amenities. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with the staff to ensure these are offered at check-in to all of our guests.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I was dissatisfied with the cleanliness of the room. The kitchen area and walls needed a deep cleaning. We found a pacifier under our bed. I found a dead insect on the window sill along with dust on the window sill and headboard of the bed. Due to many people staying long term there, the hallways smell like food and cooking. Which wouldn't be bad if the food being cooked had an appetizing aroma. However, on the floor I was on, it just flat out smelled terrible.

A positive note to the hotel was the staff. They were all friendly people.

• Stayed: May 2013

Keri - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Your comments in regards to the staff members are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read about the level of cleanliness in your room and the slight odor in the hallway. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am talking with my staff, reviewing our cleaning and inspection procedures so we can improve our offerings.