Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Webb City, Missouri
“Skimpy”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Was very disappointed to find that there are no ice machines in the building. The refrigerators did not have ice makers, but they were "generous" enough to provide ONE tiny ice tray that produced maybe 24 1" inch cubes. That doesn't go very far when you have a family staying. There are no hair dryers provided in the rooms. Our shower curtain had mold all along the bottom. The Grab-n-Go breakfast consisted of a tiny cabinet with muffins, granola bars, apples/oranges and oatmeal. Coffee/tea only - no juice or milk. No sugar packets either - just artificial sweetener. Pretty skimpy. Plus, there was a piece of bread lying in the hall way floor when we checked in. It was still there 24 hours later, even though the housekeeping cart was sitting 6 feet from it. No one bothered to pick it up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The level of cleanliness in your room as well as in the hallway you described is unacceptable. I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response, I am speaking with the entire staff so we can improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. Also, I want to apologize for there not being a hairdryer in the room. This is something that should have been offered to you at check-in.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ovp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Camdenton, Missouri
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We request an accessible room so that stepping in and out of the shower is safer, but we do not require the seating installed. Nevertheless, I wonder about the comfort of those who must use the seat in order to shower because the shower wand, usually removable from its post on high in order to facilitate cleaning and rinsing was wrapped tightly in place with electrical tape so it could not be removed. Furthermore, the water pressure was so dialed back that anyone would have to stand directly under it in order to rinse. I pity the person who cannot stand to shower. We stayed at this hotel two consecutive weekends after our preferred hotel was unable to accommodate us. On the first weekend we found one small hand soap in place but no bath bar. When we asked for a bath bar, we were told the hotel was completely out and given two small shampoo/conditioner bottles in lieu of bath soap. On the second weekend, we had no soap whatsoever. When I mentioned the surprising lack of a hair blow dryer, the hotel apologized for not offering one at check-in, but the second weekend, the clerk remained mute once more about a blow dryer. There was no facial tissue or complimentary shampoo, hand cream, etc. on the second weekend. The grab-and-go breakfast is adequate, the beds comfortable, and the rooms cleaned reasonably well, but cutting back on very inexpensive items suggests the site and/or the parent company is making Draconian cuts in order to survive when those nice touches (amenities) are what brings people back time after time. We won't be going back because the hotel seems to be in a state of decline.

Room Tip: Pack facial tissue, shampoo, blow dryer, bath soap, and paper/plastic ware because the kitchen is no...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am excited to read your remarks about the level of cleanliness in your room, how comfortable you found our bedding to be and that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast. However, I am very sorry that we did not offer you additional soaps or any of our other amenities. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am working with the staff to ensure these are offered at check-in to all of our guests.

GARDEN CITY
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I was dissatisfied with the cleanliness of the room. The kitchen area and walls needed a deep cleaning. We found a pacifier under our bed. I found a dead insect on the window sill along with dust on the window sill and headboard of the bed. Due to many people staying long term there, the hallways smell like food and cooking. Which wouldn't be bad if the food being cooked had an appetizing aroma. However, on the floor I was on, it just flat out smelled terrible.

A positive note to the hotel was the staff. They were all friendly people.

• Stayed May 2013
Keri - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Your comments in regards to the staff members are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read about the level of cleanliness in your room and the slight odor in the hallway. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am talking with my staff, reviewing our cleaning and inspection procedures so we can improve our offerings.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Recently renovated property; tastefully decorated and comfortable. Check-in was smooth, and the Grab and Go breakfast cart was an added bonus. My only negative comment would be minor room cleanliness issues (toaster crumbs on counter, previous guest's trash/wrappers in nightstand drawer, dirty coil burners).

• Stayed May 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It was disheartening to read that you had concerns regarding the cleanliness of the room and that it was not up to standards; however, I am so pleased that your check-in smooth. As well, that you enjoyed the grab-and-go breakfast cart.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I think I've stayed here before. The location is pretty good. It is nice & quite here. Really, not too bad for the price. The employees are great and do all they can to provide a comfortable stay. It seems that people have walked off with what ever isn't nailed down. So, remember to ask for a hair-dryer if you need one. There's a kitchen but so few utensils it's difficult to prepare a meal. Shampoo is never in the room but is available if you ask. No Ice Machine...are you kidding me? Ice cube trays may have ice, spin the wheel, good luck. My biggest complaint is the heating/cooling system. I simply can not get it to cooperate. The room was too warm before I turned in and then I woke up freezing in the middle of the night. Ah! Their idea of "breakfast on the run" makes me run some where else, prepackaged stuff, some fruit and coffee.... Let me know if this was helpful. Travel safe!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that there were not enough utensils in the room to make a meal and that the grab-and-go breakfast was not adequate. Still, we are very excited to know that we were able to give you a great price, a quiet hotel and that the staff did everything they could to make your stay comfortable.

Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The staff here is extremely friendly. Once I checked in, I went back to my car to retrieve my luggage. The man working the front desk took the opportunity to make sure the room was to my liking.
This is in a great location. Close to Town Center Plaza and other shopping/dining/etc. Even though my room faced a main road, it was quiet.
The heating/air-conditioning at this hotel is non-traditional. There is a typical wall-unit, but you control it by a thermostat on the wall. I'm not sure I've ever encountered that. At first, I thought I just had a non-working air-conditioner. Once I figured it out, I felt like an idiot.
The room was mostly clean. The only thing I found was a pair of socks in the closet. Kind of a weird thing to leave behind.
The entire hotel is non-smoking. I loved that.
The grab-and-go breakfast is very convenient.
I got a great price for this room and was very satisfied. It's not luxury, but it was just what I expected and I will stay here again and again.

Room Tip: I think you'll get a good room no matter what.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that there were items left in the closet. Still, we are thrilled to know that you were able to have a great stay.

Creston, Iowa
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Staff = excellent (April is a staff member that went out of her way to make me feel at home and helped me out in every way she could)

Hotel = very clean, sweet, kitchens in your rooms! Dishes included!! I would stay here rather then any other I have ever stayed in before. I think its better then any others I have stayed at in a long while. They treat you great here, they are happy to see you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo