“Didn't get to try the food”
Review of Unforked

Unforked
Ranked #17 of 494 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Craving fresh, flavorful street food that is fast, affordable and rich in nutrients? Then Sheridan's Unforked is the place for you! We're re-defining "fast-casual" in fit-tastic, flavor-splosive new ways.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were excited to try this place, but we waited over 30 minutes before we got our money back and left. There were several people waiting in front of us so we took our business elsewhere.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I use to go to this place for the Frozen custard, it was very popular, so you can imagine my surprise when it was closed to get a "make over" into a restaurant. However, it was worth the wait. The restaurant offers a limited selection of foods, tacos & burgers and some seasonal specials. Food are purchased locally, hence the limitations and seasonal options. I have tried several different taco, before such as their seasonal "harvest" taco. Today I had "Barking Pig" taco, a standard there and a favorite of mine, to be honest it is hard to pick which one I want sometimes. They do offer gutten free option for those that need it, or wheat or flour soft taco shells. I also got the "Hale to the Kale" salad, which made me fall "in love" with Kale and I am hard press to try the other salad option. Prices are great, anywhere from $4 -6 for those on a budget. The salad can easily be shared by two people. Also, if you still want custard for dessert, they have the full custard menu available. The decor is modern but be warned, it is a popular place and if you want a quiet place to chat, do not go during the peak lunch or dinner hour, unless you do not mind a lot of noise. Off hours it is just fine.

1  Thank Carol D
Reviewed December 11, 2012

It's great to have another option for fresh and healthy fast food. Unforked has a fun atmosphere with great burgers, tacos and salads. And for dessert there's Sheridan's wonderful custard delights.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Ever since visiting Unforked and trying the Kale Salad, I am hooked. I actually crave this salad! Who knew kale could taste so good?!?!? The tacos are great too. I had one called the "Barking Pig" that was excellent. I highly recommend checking this place out!

Jim S, Owner at Unforked, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

We don't blame you! Our Hail the Kale Salad is a tried and true favorite. Thanks for this wonderful review back in October! Hope you'll be back for another Barking Pig Taco soon — we'll have the Hail the Kale waitin' for you too.

All the best,

Jim Sheridan, Owner

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I bought a Groupon for this restaurant, and we went there for dinner. They informed us their stove was broken down, and we had very little choice of what to eat. We made do with what was available and ate frozen custard desserts afterwards. They gave us a coupon for a free taco on our next visit.

I went for the next visit and to use the free taco this past week, and they were closed. I sat at the drive-thru for about five minutes before someone finally happened to walk by and tell me they were closed.

At the drive-thru window, a manager also told me they were closed because they had plumbing problems. I asked why he didn't at least put a sign by the drive-thru, rather than just letting customers sit there with no one answering. He said they would get around to it and wished me a nice day, as if there was nothing for me to be upset about.

I have another groupon and a free coupon to use, but it is not easy to do business with this place. After those are redeemed, I will not be returning.