Tripadvisor
Overland Park
All reviews fire pit great property oatmeal sports teams exercise room extended stay a great place to stay easy access microwave prepackaged gathering curtains roomy
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

Very friendly and professional staff. Hotel was clean and in a good location. Liked the room set up with the full size refrigerator and proper plates. Parking and road access excellent. Overall a good experience, but the staff really made a great impression.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Reviewed January 2, 2020

This hotel was 8.8 miles from my cousins in Belton, MO. We wished we would have had more time to explore the area. We were only in town for a surprise birthday party. We will be back! Three states in less than 24 hours!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Reviewed December 31, 2019

I've had great experiences with this brand when i travel for work, decided to book this hotel for Christmas. Again, I've had great experiences with this brand (and Hilton hotels overall). BUT that has changed!! I booked the room a month in advance and requested a crib/pack-n-play for my infant child. We're traveling a few hours and wanted to ensure we had the crib/pack-n-play reserved, called the morning of check in. We're told that its been noted and shouldn't have any issues. We arrived to check in and guess what NO crib/pack-n-play... Asked if there was a reason, but the front desk didn't have an answer, plus the pool was broken and she was dealing with those issues (alone. 1 front desk person for a holiday weekend). Wife and I had no other option but to go out and purchase something for our 3 month old child to sleep in. Then my digital key didn't work. We flipped the breaker in our room because we had a tablet and phone plugged into the lamp. and guess what still no explanation for not providing the crib/pack-n-play that i requested.... And i'm still waiting to hear from the GM. I'm concerned about the person who arrives thinking they have this reserved and same things happens to them, but they can't afford to go out and buy something for their child to sleep in.
The breakfast was amazing! The cook went above and beyond to accommodate everyone and clean up everything. Front desk apologized numerous time for the issue and told me the GM should be reaching out. I've expressed my concerns through the app and now here. Hopefully something changes.

Date of stay: December 2019
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Home2 Suites by Hilton Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Dear pjasonharm,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience with us. We sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserved during your recent stay. Please know that the problems you encountered are not typical of our hotel and staff and will be addressed accordingly to avoid recurrence for future guests. While we can’t guarantee a pack’n’play will be available as they are on a first come, first serve basis, we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience as your satisfaction is very important to us. We hope you will consider staying with us again soon so we may have the opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

We took a chance here since we don’t have a lot of luck finding a decent Hilton in Kansas Cit. I read the reviews of terrible staff and took a chance on getting a decent room. But, Unfortunately I hate writing a poor review of a Hilton property as a diamond member. And honestly I’ve stayed in worse hotels and not left a review at all but I must agree with others on this site regarding staff and rooms. Let me start by saying the rooms are clean and seem new still. However the duvet wreaked presumably like the last patrons cologne, which Was strong enough for me tell exactly the brand. Upon arriving at 9:30pm we were treated rudely by the front desk attendant who appeared put off by having to deal with us. My son had a migraine so we were anxious to get to our room picked ahead of time online. Instead she is sent to a room right by the elevator on the (4th) floor we chose and low and behold it was already occupied. We barged In in another family. Then after visiting the employee again we were given another room we didn’t book right next to the elevator on the second floor. We were told there were not more rooms available. This hotel is not very sound proof either as I’m laying here listening to the pounding of the neighbors feet above which we shouldn’t have heard as we always book the top floor in home 2 suites as the sound proofing is subpar. I can hear the young child crying next door as well as the neighbor on our other side. If choosing to stay at home to suites in the Kansas City area I highly recommend staying at the one near the power and lights district. They are always polite and courteous. We will be reaching out to management in the morning but after reading others complaints which parallel my own I doubt much will come of it. They should take steps to find polite And competent staff to represent the Hilton brand.

Trip type: Traveled with family
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Home2 Suites by Hilton Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

Dear grayskys922,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience with us. We sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserved during your recent stay. Please know that the problems you encountered are not typical of our hotel and staff and will be addressed accordingly to avoid recurrence for future guests. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience as your satisfaction is very important to us. We hope you will continue to choose Home2 Suites for your lodging needs.

Reviewed December 16, 2019

hotel in easy to find convenient location, polite staff, pool open until 11PM but a little small and a little cold with no hot tub, windows don't open but that wasn't an issue in early December, typical noisy hotel HVAC unit that would randomly come on even with thermostat with set to off, bathroom a little small and tight, Hilton honors app allows check in and check out without visiting front desk to get room key and selection of room locations, but no last minute cancellations (48 notice required), $4.95 a day premium internet could be faster and more secure, no ethernet ports in room, no ice maker in freezer, good selection of HD cable channels but no SEC Network, BTN, or ACC Network, no Hilton honors green bonus if you don't need housekeeping

Room tip: use Hilton honors app to select room