TripAdvisor
Overland Park
Post
Inbox
Search

“Excellent Korean near Kansas City”

Korean Restaurant Sobahn
Ranked #156 of 602 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed October 18, 2014

First time at Sobahn and I was truly impressed! We started with some Ty Ku (a rice vodka but smooth and delicious) and I highly recommend it. Kimbap is a sushi roll and was a unique combination of flavors. Kimchi Jun was the best I've ever had. Had to try their Bulgogi and was definitely not disappointed. My date had the daegu jjigae and could not stop commenting on how rich and delicious it was. She got an egg on top for a 50 cent upcharge. Staff was awesome. I will definitely be going back to Sobahn!

Date of visit: October 2014
Write a reviewReviews (29)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I've visited this restaurant 3 times now. Last visit was the last.
Service has always been bad, but the first 2 times I came the food was great and I would still come simply for that reason.

Unfortunately, the food ranged from ok to awful on my final visit, and that's it for me. So sad.

The vegetable pancake was great in visit 2, not good for visit 3.
Tried a 3 new items for visit 3, one ok ( kim chee stew with a few extremely fatty pieces of pork - mainly fat), one we sent back because the fish was rubbery and shredded in a thick grey stew (and we were still charged us for it), and one was just boring (huge pieces of boiled? tasteless tofu with warmed kim chee on top) and not recommended.

So, expect bad service definitely (see other reviews - sums it up), food - your taking your chances there. I HAVE had delicious food there, but I will not go back because of the chance of having to pay for bad food again. Different cook? I don't know... I don't know their schedules.

Date of visit: May 2014
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I saw one employee. I waited forever. A person at a nearby table walked out after ordering. Ridiculous wait. Ridiculous. The employee was apologetic. But geez. I mean the worst wait ever.

Date of visit: March 2014
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We waited an hour for our food to arrive, and was told they were very busy.

Not sure if I will go back.

Date of visit: March 2014
Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you're looking for a great Korean restaurant for big families/groups this is the place to go. The wait staff is very friendly and they have a nice variety of Korean dishes on their menu that you probably won't find at the other Korean places. It's a bit more on the fancy side but it's well worth the drive.

Date of visit: April 2013