“Consistently bad service. Food hit and miss.”

Korean Restaurant Sobahn
Ranked #166 of 512 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I've visited this restaurant 3 times now. Last visit was the last.
Service has always been bad, but the first 2 times I came the food was great and I would still come simply for that reason.

Unfortunately, the food ranged from ok to awful on my final visit, and that's it for me. So sad.

The vegetable pancake was great in visit 2, not good for visit 3.
Tried a 3 new items for visit 3, one ok ( kim chee stew with a few extremely fatty pieces of pork - mainly fat), one we sent back because the fish was rubbery and shredded in a thick grey stew (and we were still charged us for it), and one was just boring (huge pieces of boiled? tasteless tofu with warmed kim chee on top) and not recommended.

So, expect bad service definitely (see other reviews - sums it up), food - your taking your chances there. I HAVE had delicious food there, but I will not go back because of the chance of having to pay for bad food again. Different cook? I don't know... I don't know their schedules.

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I saw one employee. I waited forever. A person at a nearby table walked out after ordering. Ridiculous wait. Ridiculous. The employee was apologetic. But geez. I mean the worst wait ever.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We waited an hour for our food to arrive, and was told they were very busy.

Not sure if I will go back.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you're looking for a great Korean restaurant for big families/groups this is the place to go. The wait staff is very friendly and they have a nice variety of Korean dishes on their menu that you probably won't find at the other Korean places. It's a bit more on the fancy side but it's well worth the drive.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I first went to this restaurant about a month ago and was really pleased with the food. I honestly cannot remember the official name, but it was a thinly sliced beef in a wonderful sauce.

My wife had never been to a Korean restaurant, so we decided it was time for her to try and we went back for lunch. She had the beef, that I mentioned above, and this time I had a combo of fried rice, shrimp, chicken and beef. It very good, but not as good as the beef, but I love to try new foods and taste.

You will not be disappointed, I promise. Lunch price range from $8-10. Dinner around $12-15.