“Great service great food”

Korean Restaurant Sobahn
Order Online
Ranked #155 of 602 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Its a cute little restaurant that is worth every penny. Best korean food I've ever tasted!

Write a reviewReviews (29)

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We traveled to Kansas City to meet friends for a weekend getaway. Both of our families are blessed with boys that were born in Korean and adopted about 3 years ago. I did some searching for a Korean restaurant near the hotel we were staying and ran across Sobahn. We were NOT disappointed! The menu is expansive and the food was fantastic. I wish we had such a robust Korean restaurant in the city where we live. If back in the KC area again, we will definitely return.

Date of visit: February 2012
1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Wow. I randomly stumbled on to this restaurant because it participates in the Rewards Network (Where you get airline miles for dining at a restaurant). I'll admit, I had low expectations for being a suburban part of Kansas City.

I'm absolutely blown away how good the food is! It is definitely just as authentic as the meals I ate while visiting South Korea. My favorite part of the meal is all the little side dishes that are served along with your entree, just like in Korea. Servers bring a cup of complimentary cold sweet tea after every meal. The little extras are awesome.

The staff here are phenomenal! Every single server is more than happy to answer any question or suggest a new dish to try. Definitely ask for advice, some of the dishes can be difficult to understand on the menu.

The Bulgogi is amazingly tender and flavorful. My favorite is the Jayek Bokum (sp?) which is pork sauteed in a spicy chili sauce. It's so good. This is by far the best Korean food I've had in the Midwest.

The prices aren't bad at all. Every time I am in Kansas City for work I make it a point to stop here.

1  Thank Minnisnowda
Reviewed December 19, 2009

My wife and I's first good experience with Korean cuisine in KC. We are very novice Korean eaters, and everyone there was more than willing to answer questions and give great recommendations.
I highly suggest any of the marinated meats, my wife had the steak and I had Nakji Bokum I think. It was fantastic. We will make the trip again! Make sure you ask for lots of napkins though!

1  Thank rusty_fwg