“Farm Living Fun!”

Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a wonderful place to take kids of all ages. Plus, it is free Monday-Thursday. My 4 year old enjoys seeing all the different animals they have on display, plus many hands-on activities. My 9 year old enjoys panning for gold.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

From Spring thru fall, this is a good place to take small children. There are a lot of things to keep them entertained. Bring change to get food to feed the farm animals. It is more than just a petting zoo. You actually get to be in with small animals and feed them. There is a fee on the weekends.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We took a toddler to Deanna Rose this past summer. I hadn't been there since my own children were young. There are many opportunities for a child to interact with animals and experience a garden that is assisted by the Master Gardeners. You can even get a cane pole and do a little fishing. You can milk a cow via a simulation bucket. There are chickens, horses, cows, goats, lots of water fowl, a Texas longhorn, buffalo, and plenty of picnic tables you can reserve for birthday parties. There are times when visits are reduced in price or free.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

As a grandparent, I found this is one of the best places to take my granddaughter. The day we went it was free for both of us and we spent almost the whole day there. It's not too spread out, so walking from one end to the other won't wear you out and it is paved all throughout the park. There are just enough attractions to make it not too overwhelming, yet the variety of options are plenty to fill the day. There's a great mix of educational exhibits and just plain fun. My granddaughter's favorite thing to do was feeding the baby goats with a small baby bottle...and I got such a kick out of watching her feed them. I highly recommend Deanna Rose as an all day excursion destination.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Was visiting KC and needed something for the grandson to do. We drove for about 30 minutes only to pull up and see a sign that says Closed November 1 to April 1. Looked really cute for kids. Lesson Learned: Call ahead.