“Deanna Rose”

Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very fun and inexpensive place to take the kids. You can feed goats, go on a pony ride, mine for Gems for a small fee! just a lot of fun!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We live about a mile from Deanna Rose and it's a great place for kids. From the animal petting to the fishing pond to the baby goat feeding. And it's a great place to go during the holidays - they do a great job during Halloween and other holidays. It was free for a while but even now just a nominal admission fee and well worth it.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We started taking our kids when they were little, now taking my grandson. Terrific place! Love feeding the baby goats, petting areas, pony rides, and much, much more.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

When this farmstead opened about 25 years ago,(named in honor of an Overland Park police officer killed in the line of duty) I took my son along with our play group. What a great place for hands on with the small farm animals. Handfuls of feed are in gumball like machines for kids to give to the animals. There are ponds now that permit fishing (catch & release) for a small fee. There are lots of antique farm equipment and a flower and produce planted by Johnson County Master Gardeners. Things have improved and been added over the years, a snack stand and a small "general Store". We always took a lunch and used the adjacent playground. I wish I was that young Mom with a young son all over again! Don't miss it! (It's been years since I visited, but heard many good things from friends with small children and had to enter a date visited for my review to post), sorry, but this is a great place, I just had to weigh in when Trip Advisor contacted me.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a must do with children. It was a great hands experience for my granddaughters ages 18 months and 6 yrs old. We stayed about 2 hours and could have stayed longer if we weren't trying to fit so much into a short visit. It gets busier later in the day so go early in the morning if you want to avoid a mob of excited children crowding each other out at the exhibits.