“A Step Above”

Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Step Above”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

As a frequent business traveler, I am a gold member with Marriott, so I know the brand very well. I can honestly say this is among the top Marriotts where I stay. I chalk it up to several factors - the hotel room safe, the quality of the staff and service, and the on site Starbucks! Let's start with the room safe; I can leave my iPad, my company laptop, and other valuables in the safe when I leave the room and have peace of mind. No longer do I have to lug them everywhere or find somewhere to "hide" them in the room. Why doesn't every Marriott install them? Secondly, the quality of the staff and service. I've stayed here on 3 or 4 occasions in the last 3 months, and the staff recognizes me. (Love those cookies on the evening check in too!) On my previous trip, I left just enough time to get to the airport. When I went outside in the frigid air and the raging winds, I found the battery on the car had died. The hotel enginner jumped the battery for me, and I made my flight. I had pulled out my AAA card so that I could call for service (before I knew the hotel would jump start the car), but I dropped in the the lobby. By the time I had returned home, I had a phone call informing me they located it and had tucked it safely into their safe. They offered to mail it to me, but I simply picked it up on the next trip. Lastly, the Starbucks. I can feed my habit without leaving the hotel. What a nice treat. They also have a Japanese restaurant, complete with a hibachi grill, on site. Oh, how could I forget the concerige lounge. The staff are friendly, recognize me and always speak, and the quality of the food is a notch above my experience at other Marriotts. All in all, this is among the best Marriott experiences I've had. Congrats to the General Manager. The team's hard work shows.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the elevator. In the quiet of the evening, you will hear the elevator shaft goi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GardeningFiend
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
You made my day! Thank you for sharing your experience with me...I will share it with our associates as well as they will enjoy hearing your story! We look forward to your return trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed January 27, 2014

It is very difficult to have trouble in a Marriott and this time was no different. Top 5 stars hotel with excellent standard rooms and high quality service. By the way the staff was always smiling and really friendly, ready to help you. It is the kind of thing that really makes the difference when comparing luxury hotels. The Internet is paid but even the cheapest (supposed for browsing only) is very fast. The fitness room is small for the size of the hotel. The hotel includes a Starbucks in the lobby and the only thing they could add is a shuttle service for guests. The breakfast is also very good and the waitress knew my preferences in my second day as I was a old customer! Remarkable. Will be difficult to choose another hotel in my next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments! We look forward to hosting you again during your next trip to Overland Park.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a date night. We chose the couple's getaway package that included a night in the hotel, a bottle of champagne, breakfast for 2 at their buffet and a late checkout. The room was beautifully clean and the bed was very comfortable. When we received our champagne, we were surprised with chocolate covered strawberries. In the morning, the breakfast buffet exceeded our expectations. Every person we encountered at the Marriott was very friendly and helpful with anything we needed. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience with others!
Bentonville
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this Marriott. Our standard double room (queens would have been nice) had a refrigerator in it, which is a huge plus for us! It was clean, but the staff really made it shine. Check-in was very pleasant, with the front desk staff even bending backwards to get us information about the breakfast the following morning to accommodate our food allergies. The breakfast was very tasty and all the restaurant staff was very friendly and accommodating. Looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for recognizing the service provided by the front desk, restaurant and culinary team. It means a lot when a guest provides us with feedback and I will be sure to share your comments with our associates!
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We recently visited Kansas City and stayed at the Overland Park Marriott. Our visit was during the hectic Thanksgiving weekend. From the moment Tyler greeted us at the lobby check-in desk I knew our stay at this hotel was going to be extra-ordinary. We had reserved a room online for 5 guests. We asked for a double room with a roll-away to accommodate the five in our party. Tyler explained to us that Overland Park fire codes restricted occupancy to no more than four persons per room. Sensing that this was going to cause a major problem for my family, Tyler immediately consulted his manager and we were offered two rooms at a reduced rate, plus they threw in breakfast each day for our party of five. We felt special that the staff so quickly resolved the dilemma. We were pleasantly surprised to find both of our two rooms so comfortable and very clean. Our stay only got better each of the following two mornings when we had breakfast. The breakfasts included excellent quality brewed coffee, made-to-order-omelettes, fresh fruit, and all the usual staples. The dining area was comfortable--far above the typical hotel breakfast venues. I can highly recommend this hotel--even to those traveling with families. The staff are excellent, the rooms are cozy and clean, and the breakfasts are the best you will ever experience in a hotel venue. I'm looking forward to our next visit to Kansas City! We will be staying at the Overland Park Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for Tyler at the check-in desk. He will help you find the best room for you and your loved ones...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about Tyler and your experience at our hotel. We are fortunate to have a wonderful group of associates who truly enjoy finding solutions for our guests. All the best for a wonderful New Year!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I have visited many hotels. Some are of very nice set up, great rooms, food etc. The rooms at this hotel is good, the restaurants are good as well. The one thing stands out is their services. The restaurant servers were courteous and friendly. Just like when I stayed at a 5 star hotel, they took the time to look up names and call me by name. It was appreciated.
It was a snowy day. To my surprise, I saw a porter out in the parking lot help removing the snow on my rental. It was a cold day. I will stay there again for sure.
On

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for recogizing our associate's genuine care to provide a great service experience for our guests! We look forward to hosting you again...hopefully when there is less snow!
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed December 12, 2013

There is only one choice for me when visiting Overland Park. Rooms are typical but extremely clean and well maintained. But it is the SERVICE that keeps me coming back. Everyone is courteous and friendly - always available for any issue or way to improve the stay.

The service staff in lounge and breakfast area are the best I've encountered - and I travel alot. Judy & Di in the Lounge and Sandra/Tess at breakfast make my stay a pleasure. I can't say enough about their service and friendliness. Cudos to their service!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Toni C, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and recognizing the service received from our restaurant and concierge lounge. Combined, the ladies who work in these areas have over 70 years of experience at the Overland Park Marriott!!! I will pass along your kind comments.