“Easy, Comfortable Hotel”

Marriott Kansas City Overland Park
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Nice hotel, very clean, the world's most comfortable bed! Plus they graciously brought up feather free bedding - bliss for an allergic person. Nice easy stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed May 24, 2011

A typical 3.5 - 4 star Marriott - good self parking, nice beds and ok service. When I stayed there, an elevator was out on a major service, so could have long waits for an elevator (only 3 in total) . Also, a maid tried to enter my room at 10.30pm(!!!) whilst I was sleeping to deliver back to me my laundry - this woke me up and i was not best pleased!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Place was great for business travel. Updated rooms, bathrooms, sweet beds and pillows too. I didn't eat at the hotel restaurants, but the lobby and restaurants looked pretty impressive for a KC-area Marriott.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Nice hotel, very pretty room, Great electrical panel!!! Did not have to search for plugs!!! Great linens. Only one elevator working, very big problem for those with a tight schedule. Waiits were long, and often one would have to wait longer due to elevator being full. They should have not booked as many guests because of this. Room could have used a makeup mirror.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2011

The hotel was fully booked 2 nights of my stay. Arrived back in room from day of meetings at 5pm, housekeeping had not yet been there. Said they were booked and housekeeping couldn't keep up. Next morning no hot water. Front desk used same excuse, that they were fully booked. I asked if they had ever been fully booked before and was told yes, many times. So why are they unprepared and don't know the demands on the systems when fully booked? Made no attempt to offer additional points, or demonstration that they really cared - just said sorry we were booked. It seems they are making money and don't care if you have housekeeping or hot water.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank toooldtocare
Reviewed January 26, 2011

My family and I went to this hotel.... as a bit of a vacation. We weren't able to go out of town, so we decided to rent a hotel room in town to be able to feel like we were on vacation. My husband and I work ridiculous hours, and we really needed to get away. We went there with a bunch of movies... and were going to kinda veg out at the hotel and just enjoy our relaxing time. Turns out, the DVD hookup part of the TV was broken, and they were unable to fix it. It was 9 pm by the time we wanted to watch the movies, and it took 45 minutes to figure out that there was no alternitive... they offered to move us to another room... but we were all in our pajamas. It was severely disapointing. We ended up watching a movie on our laptop... and none of us could really hear it. I told the hotel at checkout, and the lady didn't really care. She just said she would pass it on to the manager. I loved the room... but we only had one night to spend there, and it just wasn't what we were hoping for.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Hotel property is your regular Marriott business hotel and caters to such. Of course, it does need some work with the public areas as they have become dated and the elevators need some serious maintenance attention. Very close to Sprint and you see a lot of their employees here as well. I worked remotely from my hotel room one day and thought about taking my laptop downstairs but everything is a ghost town from around 11 AM – 2 PM so I ended up at the Applebee’s across the street. Other than that, everything else was okay but I will stay down the street on my following visit and check the Sheraton.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Overland Park hotels
Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City-Overland Park
Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center

Been to Marriott Kansas City Overland Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Marriott Kansas City Overland Park

Address: 10800 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, KS 66210
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Romantic Hotel in Overland Park
#4 Business Hotel in Overland Park
#9 Family Hotel in Overland Park
Price Range: $118 - $269 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Marriott Kansas City Overland Park 3.5*
Experience style and convenience at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park. Our hotel in Overland Park, Kansas features gracefully designed accommodations and a superior setting near shopping at Towne Center, Prairiefire and Oak Park Mall, as well as close to Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art and Overland Park Convention Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marriott Kansas City Overland Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Overland Park Marriott Hotel Overland Park