DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
usa
“Great hotel”
Reviewed July 29, 2009

When staying in the area this is my first choice. The staff is great and greets you with cookies on arrival. My room was very clean and large, and the meeting rooms were great. Easy access to most locations in the city. A great place to stay and hold a meeting.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Missouri
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel once or twice a year for the last 6 year since there are two business meetings I regularly attend that are held here.

The last time I stayed here is going to be the LAST time I stay here.

It's not good, it's not bad... it is just not nearly as good as several of the nearby options for the same money.

The hotel isn't particularly dirty, but it isn't particularly clean either. The rooms have been recently updated, but the update was kind of "thrown together" instead of a nice remodel. Service is nice, but the internet service is overpriced at $10 a night since it doesn't work half the time.

This motel was actually VERY clean, smelled good, the room was reasonably well maintained if small. The breakfast was very sparse. The staff was friendly. The pool looked newer and well maintained.

Internet service was strong but slow, and the bed was reasonably comfortable if smaller than the average queen size bed. There must be two different sizes of "queen" beds, because this one was of the smaller variety.

Most of the time when people write reviews for motel or hotel, they only do it when they have a bad experience. I am writing reviews of every motel I stay in to give as unbiased of a review that I can.

Next time I am staying down the road at one of the convention center hotels.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2009

We stayed 5 nights for a convention. There wasn't much in the way of amenities in the room. The bed was too small and internet service in the room was $10 per night! In a hotel that charges as much as this one, I would have expected it to be free. The restaurant prices were ridicules and the service nonexistent. The wait staff for the banquets was terrible. Couldn’t get beverage refills even after asking. My husband was up all night after one banquet throwing up! The only good thing I have to say about our stay was the hotel did have nice meeting rooms for our conferences.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 16, 2009

I've stayed here several times over the last four years on business. The hotel was renovated in 2006. The rooms are still in great shape (May 2009). There is a very nice breakfast (cost) and bar area. Room service, although limited is available. The hotel has a great fitness center with up to date equipment and a nice pool area. The staff are always friendly and my needs have always been met. I recommend this hotel if you're working in the area.

Missouri
Reviewed May 23, 2009

Currently staying at this hotel for my son's baseball tournament. I don't really understand a few of the negative comments. The hotel is very nice. It has the atmosphere of an upscale hotel. Our room is more then adequate. Nice size, very clean, and very comfortable "sweet dreams" beds. Nice business desks in the room and we have a great view of the city from our 16th floor room (1608). Bathrooms are a nice size and have all the extras you need. Good temperature control and a/c cools the room nicely and quietly. There are four elevators and we've never had to wait more then a few seconds for an elevator up or down. Very nice pool area with hot tub and sauna. Huge business room with computers. Haven't tried the restaurant as it does look a bit pricey.

Really the only negative I can come up with is the $9.95 internet access. It does seem a bit over the top to charge for internet when I can go to a Comfort Inn or Super 8 and get it for free.

Also, this hotel does not sit real close to any restaurants as it is part of a business park but there are plenty within a 5-10 minutes drive.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Kansas
Reviewed February 19, 2009

Everything was great when we got to the hotel, the lobby was nice and updated and of course they give you the best chocolate chip cookies ever!! However...when we got to our room, it was less than to be desired. It was on the small side and seemed choppy. The shower handle was broke and the tub didn't drain which left you standing in your own water during your shower, I hate that!! We left to get dinner and then came back later in the evening to find towels on our bed which was a little discerning since we didn't order extra towels. Just felt strange especially since we had all of our personal stuff there and knowing someone else came into our room unexpected.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed January 22, 2009

I traveled to this hotel for a one night stay on January 20th and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff was very friendly and patiently answered my many questions. The cookie they provide upon arrival was delicious. The facilities are quite large and you almost feel like you're the only person in the hotel. I left my toothbrush and was pleasantly surprised that within minutes housekeeping provided me with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouth wash.

There is a hotel shuttle to take you to nearby areas and you just need to make a reservation.

I would definitely stay here again. Iw ould recomment this hotel for business travel only since there seems to be nothing much around other than businesses. There is a starbucks and 2-3 restaurants within walking distance.

• Liked — Clean and nicely decorated.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)