“Very relaxing, even for a business trip!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was traveling for work, but I still enjoyed a very relaxing stay. My room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly and assisted me in navigating around the area. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to my friends and travelling colleagues. Thank you for a great experience, DoubleTree!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for such a great review! We are glad you were able to have a nice and relaxed stay with us. Hopefully we can continue to welcome you back as a regular in the future! Thanks again!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel looks tired and needs major updates, especially in the rooms. Cracks in the walls, cracked wallpaper, gross refrigerator. I expected so much better than this. Also, it's January, yet there are flies flying around in the hotel and in my room. There is a major crack in the concrete column in my room. I'm in a corner room so there is a column in the corner. I dislike going to hotels with whimpy towels that feel like nothing more than a ratty rag. And that's what they provided me - ratty towels. The beds aren't too bad. The location is superb and there is plenty of available parking. The lobby looks nice, but is deceiving because once you get up to to a room the experience changes. Very disappointed and definitely won't stay here again. Not the 3 1/2 star hotel that Priceline advertised.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank dka613
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thanks for your review. We apologize that your experience was not a better one. I have definitely forwarded your concerns and pictures on to the responsible parties and we will definitely make sure it is addressed. Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Hotel has all the amenities of a great hotel in the Hilton Family. Super friendly staff!!!! Good work desks and lighting in the room.. Food is typical for hotels, but is very high quality. Management is customer oriented and it shows down to every staff member.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate you staying with us time and time again and hope to continue our relationship down the road! We will definitely share your kind words with the entire staff! Thanks again!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

January is not a fun time to travel, much less travel alone, but accommodations and staff did an excellent job of making staying in Kansas City alone a safe, delightful experience! Accommodations were very comfortable and the breakfast was amazing.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review! We are glad you chose to stay with us during the cold January month! We appreciate your loyalty and business and hopefully can welcome you again in the more pleasant months ahead! Thanks again!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The night manager was wonderful and did try to fix the problems. We checked in late and when I went to bed my sheets were covered with dried blood or something that looked like it. The bathroom door and shower curtain also had the same stains. Made it very hard to sleep even though the sheets had been changed. We didn't finish our weekend stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you were unable to complete your stay with us due to cleanliness issues in the room. I have addressed these concerns with the housekeeping manager and we can assure you it won't happen again. I appreciate your feedback and am glad to hear that at least the service was exceptional. Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future! Thanks again!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

During a business stay I found the room clean, but A/C did not work, nor did the phone in the room. The first evening around 4 pm the hot water was gone and had to take luke warm shower. The problems with A/C and phone were addressed by the staff timely, however they had no answer for the hot water issue. The also did not contain a small fridge or microwave as most hotel room do now days or free breakfast. This was my first stay at a double tree and expected more.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that your experience was not better. In regards to the microwave and fridge, we do have them available upon request at no additional cost. I am sorry if this was mentioned to you at the time of your stay. Hopefully we can better serve you in future stays with us. Thank you again for your remarks and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed for an overnight business trip on the coldest night ever in Kansas. The company I was interviewing with booked the room so I was not sure what to expect. The hotel was nice, the restaurant/bar staff was super nice when I requested hot cocoa at 9pm on a Sunday night, the room was Hilton Honors, warm and cozy with a great view and I even received a free breakfast buffet which was awesome.

My only issue was the ladies at the reception desk were not very welcoming or helpful, maybe they were cold and tired too!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate the feedback! I apologize you didn't feel the warmth of hospitality from the front desk crew. I hope it doesn't deter you from visiting us again in the future. I have spoken with the responsible ones and assure you it won't happen again. Thanks again for the comments and we hope to see you again!