DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The beds were comfy, the bathroom was spacious and my overall experience was pleasant. Checkin went quickly. I wish they would offer some cookies without nuts, for those with allergies or who don't like them. We were near an elevator, so I was afraid of noise, but we didn't have any issues. I was there for a business meeting, but brought my husband and son. Plenty of room for our playpen for our son in the room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thanks for your review! We appreciate the feedback and are glad that you had good experience! I will definitely pass along the suggestion for cookies without walnuts to Hilton for consideration! :-)
Thanks again!

Regards,
Heather

Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very nice hotel; spacious room and bath. Great staff. Restaurant food was good. Good meeting space. Internet service was a bit sporadic depending on location in hotel. Free wi-fi was provided. The only negative would be the isolated location if you are traveling without an automobile.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the positive feedback. It's always nice to hear the compliments as it helps us do better. In regards to the transportation, please let us know the next time you're travelling as we would be happy to assist with options for you. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a lovely facility with a true dedication to customer service. All staff members were pleasant, friendly and quite apparently trained to take care of the client. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Kansas City area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are so pleased to hear you had a great service experience. We strive for excellence and enjoy hearing of those successes. We look forward to your next stay!!

Thanks again,

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed here for four nights for a conference and was happy with every aspect of my stay. Honestly, my only complaint was that the bathroom was too dark and the internet was a bit too slow.

Everything else was perfect. The room was spacious and well-appointed. The housekeeping staff was splendid. The fitness center was first-rate. The breakfast buffet was amazing--each morning I had a wonderful omelet that started my day right. The staff was attentive and always pleasant to be around. The outdoor seating area was lovely

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Wow- Thank you for such kind words! We are so glad to hear you had such a lovely stay! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!!

Thanks again,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed two nights to attend at Greater Kansas Japan Festival at JCCC. Dated, but well maintained. Welcoming with "signature" warm cookies at the front desk. No fridge or microwave in the room. Bed was clean and comfortable. Many restaurants and shopping near by. 45 min from Kansas Airport. Courteous room service. Order to make omelette was fresh and tasty. Wifi is not included if you are not Hilton Honor Gold or above status. $10/ day.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the kind words. Hopefully you will be able to stay with us again in the future. And if you do, please just ask the front desk about a microwave and fridge for your room, as we offer those complimentary.

Thanks again!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was unable to connect to the hotel-provided wifi after I checked in. When I contacted the front desk, I was told my room did not have wifi because the signal was too weak to some rooms. Also, this hotel does not offer in-room movies. Bummer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your response. I apologize that your WiFi connection was not very good. Hopefully we can get you into a better connected room on your next stay. Thank you for letting us know!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Service -Wonderful!

Rooms - Very clean and well organized!

Food - Just terrible! The breakfast was crap and the dinner was just atrocious! I had no choice but to order room service due to my flight getting in late in Kansas City... :(

Location - very close to office areas near New Century and surrounding...there is barely any traffic when u head that way from this location!

Room Tip: If you do not want a sofa bed.. make sure u specify this to them!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback. I have forwarded your comments in regards to the food quality to our restaurant. I apologize that experience was not better. Hopefully you can have a better experience upon your next stay with us. Thank you again!