DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park
Hyatt Place Kansas City/Overland Park/Metcalf(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$104
Comfort Inn+ Suites - Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$95
Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$109
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
$105
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$100
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center(Overland Park)(Great Value!)
$113
Hotels.com
1,088 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiescorporate woodsbreakfast buffetbusiness tripkansas cityfront desk staffsoccer tournamenteasy accessbed was comfortablekc areastaff was friendlyomeletconferencehighwayks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just completed a week long stay for the second year in a row at the Double Tree at Overland Park. This is a clean facility with all the amenities that are needed.

The ting I always look for in rating a facility is not the steel and concrete, but the people. This place could not be better. EVERYONE was very friendly and willing to do whatever they could to make your stay enjoyable.

If you need to be in the greater Kansas City area, this hotel is only 17 mile out of town, but gives big city service...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to continue to welcome you in the years to come! We appreciate your kind words and the review is very helpful too. Thanks again and have a Happy 4th!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for business and was very impressed! Upon arrival, the staff was efficient and welcoming. They were able to provide me with special requests quickly (extra hangers, upper floor, setting the clock). Breakfast was included in my stay and it was fantastic! There was a full breakfast buffet every day which I could not believe! Not only that, but I came to find out that the general manager operated the omelet bar for a few hours each week. Having spent my younger years in retail, I thought that was incredible to be ‘in the trenches’ so to speak and really get a handle on the pulse of the hotel. I would like to specifically praise Melinda (at the front desk) who was especially pleasant and accommodating, Amy (breakfast waitress) who clearly worked very hard in a difficult position while always smiling and checking to make sure we all had coffee, water, or whatever else we needed, and JP (restaurant manager) who was just generally pleasant. It seemed clear to me that his staff was well cared for and appreciated which made me appreciate him even more. I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and would recommend it to others. If I am able to return next year, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The room was very quiet and clean. I appreciated how quickly the hot water came and that the water pressure was good. I was on the 18th floor (which I loved) so at times it took a bit to get there (but that was ok with me). The only thing I would have liked better was a king bed instead of two queens but, unfortunately, that was not possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

WOW – we were blown away by your comments about our guest services at our DoubleTree Overland Park hotel! We continually strive to implement ways in which to raise our service to our guests and are glad to hear we could do so with you! I've passed along the positive feedback you've mentioned with those involved and they were pleased to hear they were recognized. Thank you for your review! Looking forward to your return to our hotel!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I recently stayed there for several days with my family & while the experience was overall good, the hotel could use a few tweaks to make stays more pleasurable for guests.

On the positive side, this hotel is very, very, clean, the staff is attentive & friendly, the showers have plenty of hot water, rooms are cleaned early & quickly, the hotel has many unique features, and my son LOVED the big TV in our room. The bedrooms are also very quiet compared to most other hotels we've stayed in.

However.... the beds are extremely soft (which left both my husband and myself in misery - to the point where he slept on the floor the last 2 nights) and the pillows are the worst I've ever seen. They have no support whatsoever & are good only for smothering you when you try to use them.

And worst of all, there seemed to be some sort of issue with the elevators during at our trip. At one point at 7am on a Sunday morning, only ONE elevator appeared to be working - resulting in a 20 minute wait before another guest on the floor called the front desk and someone there used an override key to come up and get us. At other times, only 2 of the elevators seemed to be working. At no point during our 5 day stay were all of the elevators functional. This resulted in long delays & this hotel is TALL so most people can't exactly use the steps (which by the way, from what our son found, deposit you outside of the building around the corner of the parking lot).

The group we were with had complementary breakfasts & I must say that I was very impressed by the food that was presented and the service at those breakfasts. This was a great relief as the prices listed in the menu for the on-site hotel are outright INSANE for most travelers.

Room Tip: Try to get on a lower floor in case the elevators aren't working!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for your information and feedback! We have taken into consideration your concerns and are working toward a fix. Although it tends to get very busy on Sunday mornings with departures, we understand that the elevators still need to all be working and in a timely manner. I have also voiced your concerns to our housekeeping department regarding the comfort of the beds and pillows and they are working toward a solution. Thank you again for the information and we are glad your overall stay was still enjoyable! Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future.

Thank you!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The lobby and entrance to the hotel was very nice and inviting. However, the rooms could use a little updating. When getting off the elevator, the carpet is outdated, and this doesn't change in the rooms. The bed wasn't overly comfortable, but I did get some good rest.

The conference rooms and food provided by the hotel for my conference was very good. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We are always changing and updating to meet our guest's needs. We appreciate the input and look forward to your next visit!
Thank you again!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Best stay at a hotel in a long time. Would definitely recommend this hotel for all business and leisure travel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were here for a wedding. Everyone in the wedding party and guests (I was a guest) said the hotel and staff did an excellent job in meeting all our needs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad that you had an enjoyable stay and the entire wedding crew had a great stay also. Hopefully we can greet you again in the future! Thanks again!