DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Banquets”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

If you are looking for a wonderful meeting space with wonderful staff? This is definatly the place. The staff is so helpful and will go out of their way to help in anyway possible. I have worked out of many different hotels and so far this has been one of my best experiences.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We appreciate the kind words! Also glad to hear your experience was top notch! We strive for the best service and always enjoy hearing from our guests that we are doing just that! Thank you for the kudos! We look forward to welcoming you again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located to many business locations as well as dining and entertainment. The room was large, clean and up to date. Front desk staff was very friendly and quick with the check-in process. I would definitely stay here again when in the Overland Park area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We appreciate your review and your comments regarding your stay! It is our mission to make sure our guests are taken care of properly and promptly. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you in the future!
Fulshear, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I took my pregnant wife and 5 children with me to Kansas City on a business trip. My kids are ages 2 to 11. The hotel staff was outstanding with my family. It is not easy for a pregnant lady to gather 5 children for breakfast in a hotel every morning. The ladies that work there were super nice and helpful. They took a genuine interest in our family and seemed sad to see us leave. We were there when the big snow storm hit and stranded people were pouring into the hotel around lunch time. My wife took the kids down and they said it was an hour and a half wait on food. But the staff quickly whipped together PB&J's for the kids and my wife had the salad bar without much wait. They went the extra mile in a number of other ways. It is an older hotel, but still a great place to stay. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
We appreciate your kind words and you business! I know that everyone thoroughly enjoyed having you and your family stay with us. We are glad to know that in hard times with limited assistance that we can still make a difference. Your family was a joy to have spend time with us and hopefully we can welcome you again in the future under much better circumstances and nicer weather! Thanks again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I spend over 125 nights per year in hotels, and this hotel is one of my favorite of all times. It all comes down to the staff. From the front desk, to the restaurant staff, housekeeping, to management; all employees share the same level of enthusiasm when making you feel welcome. They even went out in a blizzard and cleaned the snow off my car during a recent snow storm in Overland Park this week. I can't say enough about how they extend hospitality to this road warrior.

Room Tip: I like the corner kings the best. The room is further away from the elevator and provides additiona...
1 Thank mwhtcfs
Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate the feedback! The storm definitely was a challenge for everyone and we wanted to make sure we did everything we could to make our guests feel right at home. As a frequent guest, it means a lot to know that we are continuing to make a difference for everyone involved. Thanks again!
Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend for a little getaway. Everyone was very friendly and the customer service we received was great. Our room was nothing fancy, pretty standard, but the bed was comfortable and the TV was impressive for the room we had. However, there was a stale smell to the room when we would walk in, which wasn't a big deal.

We took advantage of the pool and hot tub, and unfortunately had bad timing since there were about 10 teenage girls in the pool area. Hot tub was on the smaller side (comfortable for the two of us once the girls left to get into the pool), and had a murky look (though it didn't deter us from relaxing in it - perhaps it was from all of the girls' lotions, sprays, etc).

We got a good rate at this hotel and enjoyed our time here - we would go back if we went to the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMDoubleTreeKC, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Its always nice to get a relaxing weekend away every once in a while! Hopefully next time the area will be less busy for a more quiet experience. Thank you for your words and we appreciate the feedback as we always take them into account and address any issues that may be at hand and work towards a fix. Thank you again!
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed there during the Feb. 2013 snowstorm. We got stranded in the snow on I 35 and were finally rescued by the police and taken to a different hotel. Had to leave the car stuck on I35. We had to stay at the other hotel that night and the Double Tree was nice enough to not charge us for that night, even though the room had our belongings in it. We were able to get back to it the next day. The room was nice and especially loved the cookies. Also, enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I would stay there again. I am from the Joplin Mo area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
As it was a difficult time for all travelers that day, we wanted to make sure that everyone felt like they had a place to stay in trying times. We are always happy to do whatever it takes to make sure everyone is safe and sound. Thank you for the review and hopefully you can visit us again under better circumstances!
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I frequently stay at this property for business and sometimes with my family. I recently experienced the entire staff exceeding the challenges presented during a recent snow storm (Q) that stranded several guests and shut the city down.

I know personally of the heroic efforts the staff took in working to care of the hotel guests in the most professional way even through they were not able to get but an hour of two of sleep for a few days.

I witnessed the staff making sure guests were well fed, safe and comfortable during all this with the graces of a smile and positive attitude.

Many guests were oblivious to these efforts, that's the mark of excellence

I want to express my sincere appreciation to everyone on the entire team but especially to the kitchen and wait staff, the housekeeping staff, the front desk and the engineering and maintenance staff. I have high expectations and you definitely exceeded them.

I recommend this property, come stay at my home away from home

1 Thank Ray P
Thank you for your kind words! As it was a challenge with the snow for everyone, our main goal was making sure our guests were taken care of. We take great pride in our guests no matter what the situation is. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you again in the future!