“It was OK”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Kansas
“It was OK”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I decided to try out El Sol with my wife today. It mush have been pretty busy because when we entered, we ended up having to wait a few minutes until someone acknowledged that we were there. The entire time there was someone else in front of us and a couple other people entered after us and was waiting in a line to be seated. All throughout the meal it was like that, as if there were not enough waiters there.
I ordered the Burrito el Sol and my wife had the Carnitas Platter. I thought the burrito was pretty bland and tended to leak grease from the ground beef, but my wife liked her meal a lot.
At the end, they had us pay at the register in the front rather than at the table which was probably a good thing since it would have likely taken forever to get back to us.
It was a decent little place, but I liked El Mezcal down the road a little more.

• Visited June 2014

Ottawa, Kansas, United States
“Not a place I'd visit again”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Another Ottawa restaurant under "new" ownership. And unfortunately, not much has changed... the service is horrible!! If you come, plan on waiting and waiting and waiting from start to finish. It might be worth it if the food was good. But, it's nothing to get excited about. Would rather go the few extra blocks to El Mezcal down the road.

Visited April 2014
“Burrito”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Mixed meats that are marinated and seasoned.. Soo good.. Love the white cheese dip and chips and salsa.. Guys are nice and welcoming..

• Visited June 2013
Ottawa, Kansas
“Different but good.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Love the margaritas. Love the chips and salsa. Order the avocado dip. My husband loves it. Made with fresh avocados. I don't like the chili verde but I think the tacos are great. I like the burritos also. We visit this restaurant nearly every Friday. Carlos is the best waiter ever!

Visited June 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
“Hard to mess up a taco, but they did it”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We dropped in for lunch and it was 99 cent taco day. The tacos were thin, tasteless and the salsa was so bland and runny that it dripped out of the taco when you tried to eat it. If they can't even make an edible taco, I don't think I'll return to sample other menu offerings.

Visited April 2013