Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Olathe North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshi expressfront deskpool areain town for businessloved this hotelconvenient locationfirst floorwet barbiscuits and gravymovie theaterparking lotroom was spaciousclean hotelsoccer tournamenthot tublots of restaurantsbagels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2012

As I was being relocated to KS, the night I arrived, i picked his hotel as it was the only one with available rooms thinking it was going to be just a couple of nights. Ended up being 10 nights. All of them seemed to be the great. Great service, cleanliness, quietness. Highly recommend it.

2  Thank alrivera01
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed here on a whim while visiting Worlds of Fun. Didn't realize it was as far from Worlds of Fun as it was, but had a bad experience staying in Kansas City and did not want to endure that again. Anyways, this hotel actually impressed me. The lady at the front desk was polite and carried on a nice conversation with me when I checked in. The room was rather large with two queen beds and a couch that was also a hideaway bed. There was a nice flat screen tv on the wall that could be rotated to face different ways and had plenty of channels with really nice reception. The bathroom was also very large with a light in the shower and a nice green nightlight that really lit up the bathroom at night. The AC also worked very well so no complaints there.
There were very few negatives, but if I needed to pick some out I would say the remodeling effort was a little inconvenient. It didn't really bother me though and should be done before long. There were some stray hairs in the bathroom but this happens and is normal for hotel stays.
I guess the best thing about this hotel was that there was so little to complain about, and really, isn't that what we all want out of a hotel stay anyways?

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Cslyles76
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed here last Oct. and was very happy so I chose this motel when my father passed away. The first thing I noticed was that the lobby was torn up due to re-modeling so there was no nice lobby to sit and relax in the evening and no managers reception to attend.
Check-in was a nightmare. The clerk didn't know how to check-in more than one person at a time so I had to wait 12 minutes for her to finish with the guest in front of me. When it was my turn, the computer froze up and she had to go to the other one. She had trouble entering my address, couldn't find my "Choice Number" although I handed her the email confirmation with all that on it. After another 10 min. wait, we finally got checked in. I had 3 rooms and they were all great, clean, comfortable and my son had a desk in his room which was good since he brought work with him.
Our rooms were located at the end of the hall and there was more parking and an exit door there so we chose to use that door to come and go. However, there was always 2 or 3 guys sitting by it smoking so we had to walk through a haze of smoke to get by them. I think they were from the construction site next door so I hope they were actually guests but not sure.
Breakfast was another disappointment. The last time we were there they had biscuits and gravy, waffles, bacon, etc. Since we were going to be making funeral arrangements and coming and going, the "nice big breakfast" was going to be an easy way to get the day started. Not so this time. Since they were remodeling the lobby, they moved the breakfast to a conference room and took away a lot of the items that were on there. My English Muffin did little to carry me through the day!
On the last night there my two daughters, grandson and I went for a swim in the indoor heated pool, which is awesome! At 10:32 Cynthia, the desk clerk, comes in and tells us to get out, the pool is closed now (closed at 10:30) and that my grandson shouldn't have been in there because the last hour of the day is for adults only. We had just buried my father, their grandfather, and my grandson's great-grandfather a couple hours earlier and we were the only people in the pool and she had to ruin and already awful day with her attitude. When I got out and dried off, I went to the desk to talk to her about it but she was laughing and talking on the phone and didn't acknowledge me. I went to the room, changed and went back 2 more times but she was still on the phone laughing and talking and made no effort to get off the phone or acknowledge me.
I was planning to come back in October and stay here but have changed my mine - there are plenty of other motels in the area with cheaper rates and the same amenities.

Room Tip: End rooms have a door to access to more parking.
2  Thank Travelinggrandma001
Reviewed June 20, 2012

There is some construction going on right next to the hotel so there was a bit of an issue with parking. The lady at the front desk was very polite and helpful and made for a quick check-in. We stayed in a king bed room. It was very roomy. There was a full sized desk/counter. It was very nice to have. There was a large pool and it was the perfect temperature both times we went in. Breakfast was a lot better than most similar priced hotels in the area. There were a lot of choices as well. The room itself was a little more expensive than other similar hotels in the area but I would recommend spending a bit more and staying here. They deliver on what is listed on their website.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank S-Rod22
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a very nice hotel, indeed. The decor is a bit weird - they go very, very over the top on the wild west theme - but beyond that, I can't really complain about too much, except a temporary parking issue that I'll mention later.

The staff here is very friendly, and the lobby is very clean and roomy, with plenty of places to sit down. As far as the rooms, there are some different options, all of which are fairly spacious, but some are better than others. The suites are great - wet bar, fridge, separate bedroom, spacious bathroom. Everything is clean. There are a few rooms that only overlook the pool and have no exterior view, which kinda stinks.

Breakfast is free but not terribly good. Internet is fast enough. Room rates are quite fair, and there are tons of restaurants around, as well as highway access.

So, the parking issue - they are building a new hotel next door, and they were also re-doing the roof at the Comfort Suites at the same time. Therefore, there were a lot of roofers at the hotel, all taking up the closest of parking spots. There was plenty of room in the fenced-off construction area, but instead, the hotel just had them (or at least let them) take up all close parking spots, leaving the paying customers having to park further away or even in the Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot (which can itself be completely full at times). Not acceptable in my opinion.

1  Thank Zacharius