“there are many better places than this in Kansas City; burger itself "okay" but fries inedible”
Review of Fred P Ott's

Fred P Ott's
Ranked #155 of 233 Restaurants in Olathe
Ballwin, Missouri
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Based on my experience, there is no reason to eat here--Red Robin, Longbranch Saloon and Hereford House just to name a few are all much better places. The actual 1/3 pound burger I had was properly cooked and decently tasty, but the cheddar cheese on it simply looked unappetizing even though the taste was okay. The fries which came with it, however, were awful, among the worst I have ever had. I don't know what was wrong with them, but I actually spit the first bite out and then tried another fry to make sure I hadn't gotten a bad one, and the second one was just as bad. The place was absolutely empty during the lunch rush hour and based on my experience, I understand why--this is not a good place. Their beer selection is just okay--they don't have Blue Moon. While they do get a positive for being willing to not overcook the burger, even though Five Guys does insist on overcooking to well done, I would actually go to Five Guys over this place any day of the week. There are so many better options in the KC metro area for burgers that there is simply no reason to dine at this one. Their toppings bar used to be a high point with all manner of variety of toppings--sadly, that has changed and all they had were onions, mustard, tomatoes, lettuce, and mayonnaise--compared to Red Robin and Five Guys the topping choices here are simply abysmal. Eat somewhere else if you want a good experience.

• Visited February 2014

Olathe, Kansas
“Great Atmosphere, Awful Food”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I live right around the corner from this place, and it sucks that I can't eat there. The atmosphere is great, but the food is absolutely awful. The wings are by far some of the worst that I've eaten. The wings are by far some of the worst that I've eaten. The nachos are super mediocre. The burgers are OK, but nothing special. The service is always nice. Oh, also; the wings are by far some of the worst that I've eaten.

• Visited August 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
“Glad we tried it”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We were in the area today and it was lunchtime. Since we have no idea what's around we asked our Garmin for suggestions. We wanted to try something new and this place fit the bill. This place had a lot of cool stuff to look at. The food was good. One of the better bar & grill places as far as the food goes. Matt had the ckn fingers. I had a cheeseburger. It was a great value at $20 for the both of us (these were todays special prices). The only complaint was the cleanliness....this place could use a one day shut down for a good scrub down and the service timing could have been about 5minutes faster. Overall though....it is worth a try and we bet it is a fun place to eat at night.

• Visited August 2013
Kansas City
“Nice neighborhood Pub”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Beautiful day say we sat outside. The plexi glass on tables were dirty, waitress cleaned but they are cloudy, look dirty, & need replaced. Leaves were everywhere in the outdoor seating, awning is missing........just needed cleaned up & items replaced.
The food was average. When my food arrived, the onion rings were cold, waitress kindly replaced, they were delicious.

• Visited April 2013
Austin, Texas
“Lunch after family pictures”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Today is Monday and we went there on Friday and I do not remember what I had for lunch. It must not have been bad (or that good) There was a group of 7 of us and we had a good lunch. I think everyone left satisfied. On this trip home, I went to two other similar type bars Johnny's and Tanners and all were pretty much the same. None were bad, none were outstanding, but all got the job done including Fred's. I would go back.

• Visited December 2011

Been to Fred P Ott's? Share your experiences!