“Do not go there this Hotel is terrible”
Review of Motel 6 Olathe KS

Motel 6 Olathe KS
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel on web said it was web friendly. We checked in in the evening with our little dog. The room was terrible, hot, pillows old & flat, mattress nasty. Elevator smelled of smoke. hallways were terribly hot, so was the room. We had dryer sheets that we placed around the bed for bedbugs we saw that on travel tips. Next morning we took our dog out & was informed that they had no pets. i challanged that because it said they accepted on the web, so they told me I had to have a smoking room with the pet. I have ashma. this was a nasty place & my little dog is cleaner that it ever could think to be. WE checked out and went to the Best western accross the street that was 100 times as nice and accepted our pet. I will never stay at one of these hotels again. the staff was nasty & unfriendly.

Room Tip: do not choose this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacklin B
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Olathe KS

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Olathe is the county seat of Johnson County, KS and this motel is located in the very southwest part of the greater Kansas City area. It's quite a distance from here up to downtown Kansas City on I-35, so be aware of that if you decide to book a night here. Also it was a little hard to see where to turn to reach the motel. I took the 150th St exit, and turned north of the first turn for Highway 7, but missed the turn at the light for Hamilton Circle. After several blocks I realized I had gone too far and had to go back. I did find it. The motel is in sort of an industrial area of Olathe, with a side railroad track running right beside the building. Luckily I didn't hear any noise from trains passing by during the night. The young man who checked me in at the desk was helpful, and made an effort to find a room for me that was to my satisfaction. It was. It was a decent room, and was good value for what I paid. I also had a good night's sleep, not being disturbed by any noise. I would consider staying here the next time I'm in Olathe, KS.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Hallways were extremely hot - as if not air conditioned, elevator smelled terribly of smoke, small tv in a very inconvenient place, backsplash was dirty, spots on the window seat and all over the carpet, staff spoke very broken English and at one point, told me "this hotel is dead" but meant full. The manager advised me that if you book this hotel with for two people the will always assign you to a single queen SMOKING room, so if you don't smoke beware - even to change to a nonsmoking room they wanted to charge me fifteen dollars. Numerous times I had to make extra trips downstairs because all of a sudden my key didn't work. Sheets appeared clean and the A/C was cool. Not worth more than $30.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I usually LOVE Microtell Inn's but am not happy about our most recent stay. This one was obviously a different hotel before Microtell purchased it. The outside looked nice but the inside was atrocious. Our bathtub had a hard yellow substance stuck to it (that I took pictures of) and everything was way outdated. I never walked barefoot in our room b/c I felt that gross. $40 a night is what I would have expected to pay for a hotel like this, not $70. VERY disappointed and I hope microtell removes their name from this location.

Room Tip: My best tip is, don't stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

It was over priced for what we got, the room was nice but very small and the tv was up on a closet!! So at any time u wanted to watch tv u had to look up, caziest thing I had ever seen!! Then there were people above us that were up till at leat 3:00 am jumping around or something and couldn't get any sleep!!!! Someone had complain but didn't help! I was happy about there being a pool but for the price and what the room was and the experience.....was not happy and won't be back!!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed here while on vacation, needing to attend a concert in a rural campground to the south and do some shopping in the KC metro. This hotel met our basic needs. Our double-bed room had a refrigerator and a microwave, as well as a TV with a non-working remote. Hotel staff were responsive, however, to our request for a technical adjustment to the cable box settings. Guest room carpeting was worn and stained. All in all, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulSFraser
Reviewed June 2, 2011

The bed was clean! but that was all that was good about the room.
No bedbugs(I checked), Freight trains all night. No shampoo! Breakfast was store bought begals and mico mini muffins. But us in a smoking floor first smelled like a old ash tray(2nd floor) but not a problem to move to 3rd floor with out smoke. Staff was friendly. Some ones hair was on the bathroon floor(not mine). The toilet was running all the time.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple