“Paying for the decor”

Granite City Food & Brewery
Ranked #9 of 229 Restaurants in Olathe
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Olathe, KS
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Paying for the decor”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've gone here for lunch and dinner with coworkers and friends. The food is average but pricey for what you get. Last time it was $18 for a small portion of salmon, asparagus and mashed potatoes. Very salty and lacked other taste. Service is good but usually slow. I keep going back thinking it will get better, but won't return soon.

Chicago, Illinois
“Good times with clients”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was there entertaining clients while in town and had a great meal. Our waiter was fantastic and making sure we had drinks, apetizers and were well taken care of. Great atmosphere and good food. I have eaten at several around the Midwest and will definitely go back.

kansas city
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Sat in bar for happy hour last night for my 26 year old son's birthday--6 of us in total. The waitress seemed uninterested in us---told her my son's bday, she completely ignored and just wanted us to hurry up and give our order. She gave us 1 happy hour menu for the 6 of us. I asked her about some of the drinks on the menu, and she barely replied. The pulled pork sliders had less than 1 tablespoon of meat on each bun. Recently had Houlihans pulled pork sliders, twice as much meat for similar price. Other bar food was good. Overall, the waitress was the most negative thing and she received a tip accordingly.

Kansas City
“It's pretty good”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We went this past weekend and our server did very well... The food was just okay. I wasn't a huge fan of the beer, so why did I give this a 4 rating... Well, I am assuming this is just my review. By talking to everyone else they really liked it. They did have a pretty extensive kids menu which I thought was great! I had the chopped salad and it was just shredded iceberg and that really isn't very impressive in a day of organic foods and healthy eating. There was chicken on it, but it wasn't available for cheaper if you didn't get chicken on it. I'd go back and try something else but that is because of the server we had. They lost our reservation for 18! But luckily they were not busy so we were still able to be seated. We have been to the one in the Legends and thought the servers were horrible and have not been back since.

Visited February 2014
Olathe, Kansas, United States
“We enjoy Granite City”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We have always had great food, great service, and a great time at GC. We often take out of town guests there if they don't have one where they are from. Try the brunch it is fantastic.

• Visited November 2013