“Been many a years ago,... Delicious Home Cookin, CLean, and Friendly...”

Old 56 Family Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 238 Restaurants in Olathe
New York City, New York
“Been many a years ago,... Delicious Home Cookin, CLean, and Friendly...”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was just on Trip advisor , and I noticed that a Niece of Mine from the Topeka Area, has stopped in the 56... I had no Idea the Place was still even around. My Brother ( PAssed away now) and Me used to Sneak away and take My Grandmother there, when we traveled over near KC. It has ben many many years ago. This place brings back the Sweetest memories of My High School Days. My Grandmother never had any teeth, and she just loved there Biscuits and Gravy, and Talked to everybody she knoew in Greenleaf ( an Old Railroad Town,_ KS about her Grandsons taking her there,... I just cant believe this place is a tradition in the Midwest. DEfinitely one of the Nicest ol Diners in KAnsas, USA. I now live in Puerto Vallarta, retired, Grandmother and brother are gone, but it made my Heart skip a beat to see that my Niece, My Brothers Daughter actually stopped in the 56... Memories of a Good Time. Love this Place. Prices are reasonable, the Pie is Delicious, and The PLace is Clean,... Stop in if youre in the Area.

• Visited June 2012

De Soto, Kansas
“Just like home.”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have a lot of good memories here. When we lived in Olathe we would go here almost every morning for coffee. Now we go for breakfast after church and always get good food and good service.

Visited April 2013
Olathe, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday tradition”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants. The classic roadside dinner with all American food. From breakfast to dinner, you can't go wrong. Prices are reasonable, service is great, and food is amazing. Love it.

Visited August 2012
Olathe, Kansas
“An old fashioned diner experience.”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Great family atmosphere; attentive, cheerful wait staff. Best in town for biscuits and gravy, grandmas way. All breakfast items I have ordered have been delicious. Lunch and dinner are also available, but I have not been here in that time frame. Big enough to accommodate a large group, but small enough to remind you of the old days at a downtown cafe. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2012
“If I have to”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My husband makes me go out to breakfast with him! This place makes it okay! The food is good and the service is great!