“Salad Bar - Ruby BLUESday”
Review of Ruby Tuesday - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ruby Tuesday
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 25, 2013

OK...so we decided to go to Ruby Tuesday because my wife said she had a good experience there (different location) on a recent business trip. She said that they had re-vamped it. I reluctantly agreed to go.

When we walked in the door (even though it was light outside it was dark and dank inside (no change there). We walked passed the salad bar which looked OK (not a fan of salad bars or buffets) as we moved toward our table which was covered with that nasty rubbery vinyl table cloth that's good for 1,000 uses. Nope...no change there.

I ordered a beer which came 5 minutes after everyone else's drinks even though there were maybe two other tables occupied in the restaurant.

I ordered a fish dish with spicy shrimp on the top mashed cauliflower and spaghetti squash...but I changed my mind and decided that I would rather have a salad than the squash. So after our orders were taken, I got up from my seat and rounded the corner where an employee was "refreshing the salad bar" only to witness him picking up lettuce from the side of the table AND THROWING IT BACK INTO THE BOWL. I said "did you REALLY just pick that up and throw it back into the bowl?" He hesitated and said, "Yah...I'm gonna take it an throw it out." ...Ugh...just one more of may reasons why I really don;t like salad bars and buffets. So...no salad bar...back to the table.

The waitress came back to the table with some really hard, dry, nasty tasting biscuits.

I alter ordered another beer which came to the table without a glass...which she said she woudl get. OF COURSE, I had to ask for the glass at least one more time...because that's hard to remember. Oh yah. One person at the table had dirty silverware (after the saled bar incident)...to which the waitress replied "We aren't off to a good start...are we." Nope. You did get THAT right.

The food came. The fish dish with the shrimp was actually quite good, but the sides mashed cauliflower and spaghetti squash were cold and under seasoned.

I could not believe how expensive it was for the 5 of us to eat there...it was shocking actually.

So as for Ruby Tuesday's transformation...not so transformed...in fact no change there. In fact, I have an idea...tear it down...the IHOP next door needs more parking.

1  Thank OnTheFly_12

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

The burgers are awesome! Our server was great and salad bar was fresh. The music didn't match the atmosphere but regardless the atmosphere was nice for a quiet dinner at a great value!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This chain is consistently good -- both with their food and drink selection. The atmosphere is always good and servers attentive. One of the better chain restaurants that doesn't disappoint.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This location is usually pretty good as far as service goes and the food is always good. The salad bar seems to have fewer options on it than it used to, but the items are always fresh, cold and good.

One suggestion is their Combination meals, especially the zuchinni burgers. You get the mini burgers and a side and also get the salad bar for $7-$9, which gets you a lot of food for a pretty good price at a sit-down restaurant.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Salad bar is good always cold and never disappoints. They need to create something that can only be purchased at Ruby's a signature dish.